Home

Would random potentials work?

This is a discussion on Would random potentials work? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
MVP
 
OVR: 36
Join Date: Jun 2009
Blog Entries: 19
Would random potentials work?

I hate potential now because it allows Madden to predict the future and you can't change it that much.

So how about random potential for each player each time you go into franchise mode. For example, Matheww Stafford could be an A in one franchise and be a C in another. This would make it so you wouldn't know the future of your player.

Also I'd love it if they just hid potential. It would be fantastic. That way I can't just tell how good my player will be in 6 years. Because in the NFL they can't do that.
__________________
I will always, always be a Jets fan. But trust me it hurts.
RayAllen20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Rookie
 
Daniels's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: Would random potentials work?

Hiding potential is a good idea. Making it random is a terrible, terrible idea.
Daniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jan 2005
Re: Would random potentials work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels
Hiding potential is a good idea. Making it random is a terrible, terrible idea.
+1
filtertmp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
MVP
 
deadlyCane's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Aug 2002
Re: Would random potentials work?

I like the potential rating. It's just the way in which it is implemented that is bad. The way it is implemented now it pretty much caps a player's OVR and progress based on his potential ratings. I don't know the exact cap numbers but for argument's sake assume C potential players are not able to go above 75 OVR, B not above 85 and A can get as high as 99. Here is what I would do with potential:

I would still assign ratings that are visible. However, these ratings would not be definite. My system would use probability formulas to determine a player's progression. This formula would recalculate during the progression stage every off-season. Alternatively, it could be calculated on a one-time basis when the franchise starts or the player is drafted into the franchise. Using probabilities, an A potential player would have an 80% chance of being rated from 85 to 99 throughout his career. A B potential player would have a 60% chance, a C potential player would have a 40% chance. A D potential player a 20% chance, and a F potential player a 5 to 10% chance.

Under my proposal, the potential rating would be factored in with performance or playing time to determine progression. Maybe something like 85 to 90% weighted to the potential rating and 10-15% other factors. Maybe even have different weightings for different position groups because it's sometimes not playing a young QB early is better for their development.

This proposed system would give us true boom and bust players because then you could have an A potential player that never reach their potential We would also have the possibility of a player who was drafted with F potential over achieves to become a 90+ rated player.
__________________
----------
PSN: RuFF_NeXX

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
deadlyCane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 AM.

Top -