Home

So, it doesn't matter how you preform in NCAA?

This is a discussion on So, it doesn't matter how you preform in NCAA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
So, it doesn't matter how you preform in NCAA?

I just imported my draft class with Tate Forcier in it. He finished his four year career with outrageous numbers, 97 ovr, great arm, blazing speed. I drafted him in the 6th round, and he turned out to be a 56 ovr, barely any speed, horrible arm, no accuracy, just plain awful.

I don't get it, so it doesn't matter how you do?
NY Knicks :(

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: So, it doesn't matter how you preform in NCAA?

Does it matter in real life? Looking at all the QBs who put up huge numbers in College and didn't do anything in the NFL I can definitely say this is one of the more realistic things in Madden 10.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Does it matter in real life? Looking at all the QBs who put up huge numbers in College and didn't do anything in the NFL I can definitely say this is one of the more realistic things in Madden 10.
LOL so your saying that Tate Forcier, a freshman, will be crap if he goes pro...
Man can you tell me the year that my Giants will win it all again. I gotta get in on this psychic power whileits hot. LMAO
Old 10-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Daniels's Arena

OVR: 7

When stats like that were imported to Madden and had like the stats from NCAA, people complained that TOO many people had amazing ratings. Now it's perfect and people still complain. About one quarterback out of every draft I've participated in comes out to be over 90 at the end of their career. Much like the real NFL. As mmorg said it's one of the more realistic things in this game.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
MVP

mmorg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
LOL so your saying that Tate Forcier, a freshman, will be crap if he goes pro...
Man can you tell me the year that my Giants will win it all again. I gotta get in on this psychic power whileits hot. LMAO
When did I say that? Thanks for putting words in my mouth and making yourself look like ignorant. Maybe you should reread my post and see that I wasn't addressing any specific Quarterbacks, just the position itself and how they translate from College to the NFL. This forum is seriously going downhill. Thank god Ian left or he might get ideas from people like you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I hated when every player was a 90+ ovr by year 3 from the imported draft. I like the way it is now with one change. The potintial rating has to go. It is messed up when guys like Eric Berry go in the 5th round when they are sure fire top 10 picks. I got him in the 5th with a 61 ovr and C pot. Has anyone else seen this kind of stuff or is this a one time thing for me?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Daniels's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I hated when every player was a 90+ ovr by year 3 from the imported draft. I like the way it is now with one change. The potintial rating has to go. It is messed up when guys like Eric Berry go in the 5th round when they are sure fire top 10 picks. I got him in the 5th with a 61 ovr and C pot. Has anyone else seen this kind of stuff or is this a one time thing for me?
It seems like it is more of randomness with some that regularly have high ratings in 2010. Eric Berry normally has A potential and reaches about 96 in my franchises, but sometimes he doesn't get as great of ratings and a much lower potential. Same story with Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford. Players like Colt McCoy will always have bad ratings with a low potential though.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #8
MVP

mmorg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
The potential rating has always been in the game. Do you think it should be hidden again or just not have a rating for potential? If there wasn't potential then how would the game determine which players should get better? There is no work ethic stat, and coaches don't have an effect on player progression in this game. Right now, it's the best system we have. If you want ratings to go up based on stats, then every Tight End/Slot Receiver would be a 99 ovr, and no 3-4 Line Backers would be above an 80.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »