Home

collinsworth

This is a discussion on collinsworth within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: collinsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
That kind of talk needs to stop. ASAP. The last time you babies whined we got stuck with that horrid, generic radio announcer. If ya dont like the announcers we have, then mute them, but keep your mouth shut because NO one wants that damn radio guy back.
Dont you understand? The reason we had a radio broadcast was because it saved tons of money during the first few years of building Maddens next gen engine. Its all profit to them.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
That kind of talk needs to stop. ASAP. The last time you babies whined we got stuck with that horrid, generic radio announcer. If ya dont like the announcers we have, then mute them, but keep your mouth shut because NO one wants that damn radio guy back.
At this point, radio guy doesn't sound all to bad to me.

"We timed Tony Romo's release with some of the past greats, and he's either as quick if not quicker than those guy's"

I think I just got a little puke in my fingers as I typed that.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't mind the commentary. It just needs a bit more polished. Sometimes Collinsworth says the wrong thing. Like last night I was playing against the Steelers. Big Ben throws a pass to Hines Ward, Ward breaks a tackle and scores a TD. Collinsworth starts talking about how great of a QB Hines Ward is.......???? lol. The other problem I see is that they're not that exciting in critical situations. I won a game on a last second FG the other day, and as I was lining up for the FG, Hammond and Collinsworth were still talking about the last play. They then went silent and didn't say a word about this potential game winning FG. The commentary is a bit spotty sometimes, just needs to be a bit more polished. But other than that I'm fine with it. Although I would love for EA to bring in CBS/ESPN presentation and commentary like they did with NCAA Basketball 10.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I don't mind the commentary. It just needs a bit more polished. Sometimes Collinsworth says the wrong thing. Like last night I was playing against the Steelers. Big Ben throws a pass to Hines Ward, Ward breaks a tackle and scores a TD. Collinsworth starts talking about how great of a QB Hines Ward is.......???? lol. The other problem I see is that they're not that exciting in critical situations. I won a game on a last second FG the other day, and as I was lining up for the FG, Hammond and Collinsworth were still talking about the last play. They then went silent and didn't say a word about this potential game winning FG. The commentary is a bit spotty sometimes, just needs to be a bit more polished. But other than that I'm fine with it. Although I would love for EA to bring in CBS/ESPN presentation and commentary like they did with NCAA Basketball 10.
You do know that Ward played QB and WR in college and a few times here and there with the Steelers, correct?

That is why Collingsworth said that.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You do know that Ward played QB and WR in college and a few times here and there with the Steelers, correct?

That is why Collingsworth said that.
But why in the world if I am up 31-7 and the other team scores a TD, do they say something like. "Now they are within a touchdown of tieing the game, this should get interesting." I have heard that a few times whether I am up or down, that seems to be triggered by any score in the last 2 minutes of the game. Now if the team scores that TD with 6 seconds left, I'm not sure how interesting the game could possibly get.

Other than some of those mathmatical glitches in the system, I'm ok with it.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

I havent heard them make blantantly wrong stuff like that ^ but I dont pay a lot of attention anyway. I also despise collinsworth...he looks like a used car salesmen who would sell you a mustang after he swapped the engine from a corolla...also he looks like he would spread herpes with no remorse
Old 10-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarbeez
But why in the world if I am up 31-7 and the other team scores a TD, do they say something like. "Now they are within a touchdown of tieing the game, this should get interesting." I have heard that a few times whether I am up or down, that seems to be triggered by any score in the last 2 minutes of the game. Now if the team scores that TD with 6 seconds left, I'm not sure how interesting the game could possibly get.

Other than some of those mathmatical glitches in the system, I'm ok with it.
I can't explain it , but a glitch.

I've had a few times when the play by play guy says, 2 nd 7 when it's 2 and 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #16
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

I had one the other day where it was a sideline catch...one ref ruled catch, one ruled incomplete, collinsworth said it was incomplete, and it ended up being a catch for a first down...lol...how can you get mad at EA over that....it's kinda funny

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »