Home

collinsworth

This is a discussion on collinsworth within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: collinsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
I thank God that Madden enabled me to turn down the comment volume.... I can't stand Collensworth... I think some of the things he's said were idiotic and deplorable during is tenor in broadcasting... yet he still gets gigs any and everywhere....??!?!?

He makes me puke on sundays... thank God for MUTE....!!!
look at me i'm so hip. I'm part of the cool kids, look how much I HATE Chris Collinsworth. Lol you gusy are funny.

You guys are probably the same folks who wanted to make it cool to hate John Madden, a beloved and "accomplished" sports commentator, and coach who has more football knowledge in his pinky than most of us could ever dream of. lol @ the lot of you.

Collinsworth has gotten a chuckle or two out of me in madden 10. the analysis on how to break a kick return for a touchdown was just a little too much though.

btw... catch me up. what has collinsworth said that was so deplorable?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

haha.. "River's isn't know for his accuracy.. some balls are going to get away from him".

Thanks Cris.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #19
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

I have played more than a full season's worth of games in Madden 10 and also with 09. For both of them, I have never played with the Volume on, not even on '1'. I put the volume all the way down to '0' and just listen to music.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You do know that Ward played QB and WR in college and a few times here and there with the Steelers, correct?

That is why Collingsworth said that.
Ok? He's a WR and he wasn't playing QB on the play. Big Ben threw him the TD pass. And then Collinsworth goes off about how great of a QB Ward is. That makes zero sense. And I've heard it multiple times, not just with Ward.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #21
Rookie

i dont mind the generic lines, but its nice when they have specific lines for big name quarterbacks.

collinsworths commentary was poorly executed in this game. i dont know how many times ive heard him say "no penalties called in the game" despite the fact that its completely inaccurate.

he's an insightful guy in real life. its really just the dev teams fault. ive seen other games have better commentary. they really need to step up their game in this department.

ive never heard tom hammond in real life, but i bet he sounds better than he does in the game. that been said i would still prefer michaels/collinsworth in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 01:36 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah i actually like the commentary. problem is it was better last year he was player specific during commentating in 09. the dev team made him TOO generic in franchise mode i was shocked that he talked about marshall being like a young TO wish they incorporated that in franchise mode like last year
Old 10-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #23
Rookie

slightly off topic, but i was playing the texans the other day. they still had andre johnson, but they also had another receiver named johnson. both were their main 2 KRs.

it was pretty funny on kick offs hammond would say "johnson... and... johnson... back to take the kick."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »