Home

"Actual" Team Ratings ...

This is a discussion on "Actual" Team Ratings ... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: "Actual" Team Ratings ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Your saying you picked up L. Landry and McAlister to the Pat's and teh Pat's are now rated 70-something? I find that REAL hard to believe! Something else happened there ....
well, here you guy Mr. Doubter... another thread dedicated to the same problem I mentioned:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ed-before.html

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
This year in the NFL I don't think I've ever seen a bigger discrepancy between the good teams and the bad teams. There are way more bad teams this year and more teams starting the year undefeated than any other year. So yea, the teams ratings should be spread out A LOT more.

I think the Raiders, Chiefs, Lions, Rams, Bucs are probably the worst teams in the league and they should be all in the low 60s at the highest. Hell the Chiefs and the Lions have won a combined 4 games in the past two years!!!!
Agreed!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotatohead5
I think the major reasoning behiend something like this is in the NFL almost everyone has the physical talent, yes some have a little more than others but most of the guys are close. The Mental aspect of both players and how the coaches utilize players determines a lot about a team, which is why sudden turn arounds in either direction occur.

It is very possible for a team that doesn't have quite as good of players but have a great scheme could destroy a team with good players and a bad scheme.

I think thats why you see the ratings change as the default ones are made by the developers trying to express that and the recalculated ratings don't have the ability to take the scheme and mental element into consideration.
Good point, and you are probably correct. That said, I sure wish they could come up with some means to ensure a difference between how the teams play ... being closer related to their default team ratings they give. Maybe that's too much to ask for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
well, here you guy Mr. Doubter... another thread dedicated to the same problem I mentioned:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ed-before.html
Wow, that is very odd ... I haven't seen anything like that so far? Another "team rating" mystery I guess???
Old 10-17-2009, 02:50 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

The Raiders and Ravens might be separated by 2 points in team overall (whatever that means - like you said it has no bearing on gameplay), but playing as Oakland and as Baltimore is like night and day for me (I have both franchises going - two separate files).

If nothing else - Flacco >>>>> Russell and it shows everytime I hit a pass button.

Wave to the football kids because that "out route" is going straight into the first row.

bye Mr. bad Russell pass!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »