Home

a small solution to the over paid contracts in franchise

This is a discussion on a small solution to the over paid contracts in franchise within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #9
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: a small solution to the over paid contracts in franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Not really news, good players want big money, nothing wrong with that (except when the CPU signs them for 1/2 what they would take from you).

Definitely noticed that. Had to let Cromartie from the Chargers go in free agency because of his insane demands, then he signs for MUCH less with another team. Had to cheat by trading for him to get him back to compensate for the schlock programming logic.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

The op is half right. Yeah higher potential guys want more also higher rated players want more. The main problem is the cpu cheats you out of money to try to make the franchise and cap harder or maybe its an actual bug.

I get that one guy with A potential wants more money even seems like he is holding out. The strange thing is say he starts out wanting 10 mil for you to sign him you have to go way above. Now if you let cpu resign players or fill roster he will sign him for the starting price of 10 mil instead of you having to go over triple the starting price.

That all seems fair maybe its meant to be in the game like that till you try to sign some scrub 58 overall player to fill your roster. Its the same deal as describe with the A potential or higher rated players.

It all seems broke to me or on purpose to make the game harder. I dont mind paying large contracts but triple what its supposed to doesnt seem right. If you dont do one of the many work arounds to make it fair yeah you could just go with a underpaid team. The problem is when that team starts to resign your going to be paying sub 80s money like they were 99s.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
That's your problem right there. You're trading away guys with huge contracts. Huge contracts mean huge signing bonuses, and if you trade a player then you have to pay the rest of his signing bonus as a cap penalty during the offseason. Don't trade/cut guys with a signing bonus and you can avoid cap penalties.

Note: When you trade someone, the trade screen says that there won't be any cap penalties, but there will be. it's the same penalty that you would get by releasing him. So if you want to know how much of a penalty you would get for trading a guy, go to release him and it will tell you.
Ohhh, I see. Thanks. That's what messed me up, the trade screen. Now I have 100 million in cap space that will actually still be there in the offseason then
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »