Home

a small solution to the over paid contracts in franchise

This is a discussion on a small solution to the over paid contracts in franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up a small solution to the over paid contracts in franchise

Sup guys ,Ive been doing some research on player potential lately, and i found something basically ,everyone know that in madden franchise mode players are sometimes(pretty much always asking to much money )but there is a correlation between the amount of money they are asking and their potential ,as player appears to be paid according to their max possible rating,be don't get me wrong i played a franchise with the browns to relocate them in Montreal (as there is two thing in the ohio and they don't have superstars like before edwards now gone mangini in aint feel em), but you still can build a good and solid team that would have a rating under 80,

Let me explain: while you have a player with a c potential he still can get the job done but his rating will plateau on a low overall(per say lets pick alan branch ((dt playing end for the cards)) this guy is 330,6"6, a overall of 63 again if you sign him long term ,55 spd, 91strength and c potential , i played a season with him a dt(dt1) and gabe watson at nt(dt2 with 49 speed and a 93 strength ) and watson did not a have a whole lot of tackle but because of his strength my linebackers where killing the backfield, and branch was puting so much pressure he had more than 10 sacks at the end of the season i resigned him for maybe 12mil for 7 years ,(f.y.i.) i play at all madden .

but you get my point i a solid contributor on defense that made the wet works so the others could look good, so in regards to this in not to long i'll post a full list of super underpaid playmakers ,

stay tune and if you got any suggestion just tell everybady on this thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: a small solution to the over paid contracts in franchise

by the way wanna discuss this add me add me as a friend on the forum and we might instant chat

Last edited by TaigaMcFly; 10-16-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Dude, fix all your grammar errors so that post is readable. I have no clue what you mean.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktipton87
Dude, fix all your grammar errors so that post is readable. I have no clue what you mean.
Forward, but I agree.

Are you trying to say there is a correlation between the salary desired by a player and his potential, and to circumvent salary cap problems with high potential players one should find good, low potential role players?

If so, noted.. appreciate the input.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Not really news, good players want big money, nothing wrong with that (except when the CPU signs them for 1/2 what they would take from you). My preferred way of dealing with players wanting too much money is to change their position to something they are not so good in (ex. CB <-> LB) and sign them to a deal similar to what they would get from the CPU. For example, Demarcus Ware wanted $100M+ for a 6-year deal, so I let him go and the CPU signed him at 6-years for $68M. I reloaded my Franchise, changed Ware to a FS (68 OVR) and signed him to a deal for 6 years at $72M. Saved myself a ton of cap space without taking advantage of the system.

However, I'm not sure about the contract demands being tied to potential. I've seen CBs (and other positions) with B potential (namely, Orlando Scandrick and Mike Jenkins of the Cowboys) who want more money than most guys with A potential want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

I've noticed that the Guards always want a crapload of money from me..

While we're here, does anyone know how to stop from getting 100 million dollar cap penalities over the offseason? I seriously have to trade away like all of my good players every offseason to get over 100 million in cap space, just so I won't be that much in the negative when I progress into the offseason.

And it's not like I have players with HUGE contracts, I trade guys for picks that are getting 12-13 million dollars.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

Some of the lower rated guys get contracts that don't make sense, but D. Ware is gonna get paid IRL a contract probally higher than the one A. Haynesworth got, so like 100 Mil for 7 yrs!

I do get the point that the CPU signed him for far less and that seems unrealistic, not to mention unfair, why would that caliber of player sign elsewhere for less money than to stay on his current team - makes no sense and EA should fix it.

One thing that always bugs me about the resignings is guys who want big money who are middle of the road guys 70-79 rated players who wouldn't start for just about any team in the league, that drives me nuts (they must all have Drew Rosenidiot for an agent)!!!

Another thing is the impact, well the huge lack there-of, of coaches on FA signings. Let us say for example that Bill Cower was available to sign as a coach. He is a SuperBowl winning coach, highly respected and highly skilled head coach! Let us say that EA rated him as the highest rated available coach for argument's sake!

So you finish year one as the Lions with a 4-12 record, you have been down for quite some time so your team has low prestige and the way the game is now the big name free agents won't even entertain your offers and hire Cower in the game and that does not change, but if Cower really got hired by the Lions I would almost be willing to bet my whole year's salary that some ( ok maybe a couple) big time free agents would be lining up to sign in Detroit, and yes they are gonna want a big time contract but they wouldn't stone wall you for being the Lions!

Anybody see my point?
Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
I've noticed that the Guards always want a crapload of money from me..

While we're here, does anyone know how to stop from getting 100 million dollar cap penalities over the offseason? I seriously have to trade away like all of my good players every offseason to get over 100 million in cap space, just so I won't be that much in the negative when I progress into the offseason.

And it's not like I have players with HUGE contracts, I trade guys for picks that are getting 12-13 million dollars.
That's your problem right there. You're trading away guys with huge contracts. Huge contracts mean huge signing bonuses, and if you trade a player then you have to pay the rest of his signing bonus as a cap penalty during the offseason. Don't trade/cut guys with a signing bonus and you can avoid cap penalties.

Note: When you trade someone, the trade screen says that there won't be any cap penalties, but there will be. it's the same penalty that you would get by releasing him. So if you want to know how much of a penalty you would get for trading a guy, go to release him and it will tell you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »