Home

i dont think madden has failed us

This is a discussion on i dont think madden has failed us within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
i dont think madden has failed us

i dont think madden has failed us but ppl that review it did, some how they seem to lower their standard when it comes to this game...

heres history of IGN review of Madden
Madden NFL 06 Sports 8.0 Nov 15, 2005
Madden NFL 07 Sports 8.5 Aug 22, 2006
Madden NFL 07: Hall of Fame Edition Sports 8.5 Sep 15, 2006
Madden NFL 08 Sports 8.7 Aug 13, 2007
Madden NFL 09 Sports 8.8 Aug 12, 2008
Madden NFL 09: 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition Sports 9.1 Aug 12, 2008

just by looking at this madden 2010 probably get a 9.0 or 9.5

Last edited by uncle ruckus1; 07-18-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: i dont think madden has failed us

lol@IGN
Old 07-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle ruckus
i dont think madden has failed us but ppl that review it did, some how they seem to lower their standard when it comes to this game...

heres history of IGN review of Madden
Madden NFL 06 Sports 8.0 Nov 15, 2005
Madden NFL 07 Sports 8.5 Aug 22, 2006
Madden NFL 07: Hall of Fame Edition Sports 8.5 Sep 15, 2006
Madden NFL 08 Sports 8.7 Aug 13, 2007
Madden NFL 09 Sports 8.8 Aug 12, 2008
Madden NFL 09: 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition Sports 9.1 Aug 12, 2008

just by look at this madden 2010 probably get a 9.0 or 9.5
I look at it this way

OS is straight up SIM Madden Players only. We want the game to be played just like we are watching Tv.

After meeting hundreds of hundreds of people who play Madden I would say 5-10% are SIM players. That means there are a good 90-95% of Madden players are arcade.

Lets face it there are very few SIM players, That means very few people will be disappointed. OS is a place where disappointment happens on a daily basis.

90% of Madden players are Arcade- They wont care at all because they dont strive for realisim like we all do.

10% of Madden players are SIM- We complain about things because we want them realistic. Most of us believe Madden has failed us. Go to the IGN board, everyone is arcade and no one really complains.

Madden doesnt fail the general population
Madden Fails SIM players.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Do you think M10 doesn't deserve a 9.0? IMO, most games that get less than a 9.0 aren't really worth my time or money. I only play games like GTA IV, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Madden, Halo, etc. Madden is the only one there that isn't a 9.0 or better. This is a seperate topic, but most games that are made are terrible IMO. from what I have read, Madden being in the 8 range shows how it is a solid game, but just not "that" good. Madden on next gen has been all kinds of not good enough, and that's what an 8 is to me. Madden has flaws, but if you just want to play casual football or even play "arcade" style you can do that. I haven't seen anyone really complain Madden isn't fun with excpetion that true sim is the only way they have fun.

I like to score TDs. I liek to run the ball I like to play crushing D. The computer is terrible and lets me do all of those things. The problem with Madden till now is that it has flaws that keep it from representing a true football simulation.

M10 is the closest we have gotten [as far as i have seen] and I think would be deserving of a 9.0 or 9.2 rating. I have told Ian before that based off of blogs and footage M10 gets either a B+ or an A- from me. my "final gare" will be handed out after I play the darn thing.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I've been reviewing games since the mid 90's. If Madden 09 received an 8.8 from IGN than there's a high probability M10 get's a 10. You have to always look at the previous version and determine new features. If M10 is like 09, then it either gets the same rating or lower. From what I've seen; M10 is getting the the 9.5 rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don't base my purchasing decision off of ratings. I'll read the previews/reviews of games I'm interested in to see what they have to offer, but I don't let a review score convince me to either buy or pass on a videogame.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't base my purchasing decision off of ratings. I'll read the previews/reviews of games I'm interested in to see what they have to offer, but I don't let a review score convince me to either buy or pass on a videogame.
Deja Vu...
Old 07-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 10

madden 07 was the worst (( at least for current gen )) they added like one new feature lead blocker and i never used it. That's why i don't rely on the ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »