Home

Does the preseason performance affect the development of your player?

This is a discussion on Does the preseason performance affect the development of your player? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21
Does the preseason performance affect the development of your player?

I remember in the older versions of Madden (2007, 2008 I think) had rating boosts for their players after the pre-season depending on their performance. In this year's Madden, does it matter how they perform in the pre-season? Or can I just sim the pre-season without any risks (other than the obvious risk of injury)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Does the preseason performance affect the development of your player?

No it does not.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

Sorry to tell you this, but Madden 10's Franchise Mode is still bare bones.

Nothing in Pre-Season Matters. Turn off sim injuries for Pre-Season and then turn them back on for Regular Season.

Scouting is one of those things they basically made as simple and easy as possible that it ruins the mystery of drafting players too high or too low.

The sim stats for some stats has been broken since release night.

Player performance means next to nothing as far as progression goes. So, if you were hoping to use a favorite player with a B Potential and build him up into a superstar, it will never happen.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
Dungeoneer

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Player performance means next to nothing as far as progression goes. So, if you were hoping to use a favorite player with a B Potential and build him up into a superstar, it will never happen.
In my experience, this isn't true. On the contrary, I'm noticing that players who are a bit beyond their first few years in the league are entirely dependent on statistics to maintain and improve their ratings. Granted, players with B potential have a cap on how much they can improve, but that's what the addition of the potential variable was supposed to do anyway.

To the topic, preseason has no effect on progression in Madden 10. That said, it can still be a useful tool to adjust your playcalling and offensive / defensive schemes to accommodate for the results of offseason player additions and subtractions, and try out different plays that you don't normally call as well.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30

if you are not satisfied with players improving after hitting their cap, you can always change their position before moving to the offseason and then changing it back. if you have a 85 HB who is capped out, switch him to FB. his new OVR will be in the 50s/60s so he should be able to progress again. keep in mind that its not perfect since the specific ratings that alter a FB's OVR is different to a HB's OVR. still, that player will benefit to some degree as opposed to not progressing at all. also, this won't work with all positions but again, its better than no progression at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

I think player performance has something to do with the progression of the player, but Krioniq is right when he says there is a cap on it. Jamaal Anderson, left DE of the Atlanta Falcons, had one of the best seasons ever for a defensive lineman in my season racking up 21.0 sacks in one season. He was around a 70 I believe, and when player progression came around, he was a 72. While someone like Michael Jenkins, who also has a 'C' potential, had only 20 or so catches in the season. He lost one or two points.

I think player progression relies somewhat on performance, but I'm not sure if it matters in pre-season ... probably not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »