Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 01:03 AM   #201
Banned
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I haven't been on the Madden forums since this summer (I knew I couldn't afford the game and didn't want to get myself excited about it), but this is something that has bothered me as well... and, frankly, it's another reason I quit checking out the Madden forum. To me, some people's priorities are a little off.

And I caught some **** for it when I mentioned in the summer that I'd rather they fix gameplay than work on presentation stuff that gets old after the third time you see it anyhow.
So if gameplay was as tight as the real thing in Madden 08, you'd be happy as pie with that????

That game was beyond boring. I disagree with what you say, presentation and immersion is what keeps me playing and not falling asleep. M10 is headed in the right direction in this regard, and the Extra Point can be expanded upon big time. This year was the "inaugural" year for that show.....
Segagendude is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 01:09 AM   #202
All Star
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Conflicting perspectives occur because of a unique stance to the topic at hand.
Exonerated is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 02:02 AM   #203
Hall Of Fame
 
KBLover's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Aug 2009
Blog Entries: 14
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Honestly, I don't care how great gameplay is. If the atmosphere is bad, who wants to play it?
I do.

I want football to played well on a football game.

If that doesn't happen, all the realistic atmosphere and grass getting chewed up and halftime shows don't matter to me.

I liked 2K5 - not for the halftime show, but for the depth of the gameplay and the weekly planning system.

Maybe because I'm a text-sim player at heart (OOTP, Baseball Mogul, etc) I care less about graphics over balanced and realistic gameplay and game systems, but I would MUCH rather have Madden play the game of football very well over giving me the TV-Show like presentation.

MLB The Show was brought up. It's awesome in commentary - but if it played a poor game of baseball, I would be saying "that's nice - great commentary" and not play much because the sport itself is played too poorly.

Given the way the Madden gameplay is, I'm not asking for less by wanting it perfected as much as possible.
KBLover is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #204
Rookie
 
Old Mr T's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

It's obviously a personal choice but for me;

1.) Gameplay
2.) Presentation

I don't agree with the sentiment that one has to be sacrificed for the other. Surely both aspects can be built upon as the game matures.

The advantage of Madden releasing a new version year upon year is that it allows them to keep building upon what they already have.

Extra Point for example is a good idea and should remain. Let's hope it's just the start of what the presentation can be. It's severely lacking in content but I see it as a basic building block for an aspect of the game which be improved massively.

The same applies to gameplay.

What I can't abide is when parts of the game are removed. There is no excuse for that whatsoever (Removing the much loved Madden Classic Cam really baffled me and has affected my enjoyment of the game).

As long as Madden aims to keep improving and adding to the game (as opposed to removing things) then I see no reason why both gameplay and presentation can't receive substantial improvements for Madden 11.
Old Mr T is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #205
Banned
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This patch isnt gonna fix anything. Im sorry but patch 1 broke the game more. It did some decent things but add more things to break the game.

The only reason EA is spending all this time on patch 2 is just to get people that put off buying Madden to be like now I can buy it because they fixed the game which there just tricking them.

Madden sales are way down because the game is just a broken train wreck, and this patch is just to grab more sales and not save or fix the game.

By the time this patch is released its gonna be New years and the NFL season is fonna be almost over with Madden 11 on its way in like 5 months.
NdaZone7 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #206
MVP
 
bgeno's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: G-Vegas
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Honestly, I don't care how great gameplay is. If the atmosphere is bad, who wants to play it?
If the gameplay was sick, I'd play it. Atmosphere gets old, gameplay keeps me coming back for more.

Quote:
Am I missing something here? I'm not directing this at you BGeno, but some gamers need to stop settling for less and raise your expectations.
You're talking to people who prefer gameplay over presentation about settling for less? Pot, meet kettle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
So if gameplay was as tight as the real thing in Madden 08, you'd be happy as pie with that????
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I do.

I want football to played well on a football game.

If that doesn't happen, all the realistic atmosphere and grass getting chewed up and halftime shows don't matter to me.
Bingo.



I can watch football on Sundays for realistic halftime shows and cut scenes and all that jazz. In fact, everything there is done PERFECT.

What I can't do on Sundays (or any other time for that matter) is control my team, take over the coaching duties and tell a player almost exactly what to do.

I can do presentation every weekend, but I can't do gameplay.



Maybe you guys should try Blitz: The League? And I don't mean that in a condescending tone. It, admittedly, has some neat cut scenes and presentation elements.
bgeno is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #207
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I do.

I want football to played well on a football game.

If that doesn't happen, all the realistic atmosphere and grass getting chewed up and halftime shows don't matter to me.

I liked 2K5 - not for the halftime show, but for the depth of the gameplay and the weekly planning system.

Maybe because I'm a text-sim player at heart (OOTP, Baseball Mogul, etc) I care less about graphics over balanced and realistic gameplay and game systems, but I would MUCH rather have Madden play the game of football very well over giving me the TV-Show like presentation.

MLB The Show was brought up. It's awesome in commentary - but if it played a poor game of baseball, I would be saying "that's nice - great commentary" and not play much because the sport itself is played too poorly.

Given the way the Madden gameplay is, I'm not asking for less by wanting it perfected as much as possible.
I also want football to be played well. Both should be done right. If you noticed my earlier post, I hit on how important gameplay is. What I'm saying is, one should no be sacrificed for the other. Like Roadman stated, there are separate groups on the EA team that work on different areas of the game. So my question to EA is, what's the problem?
__________________
Whatever you do, don't give constructive criticism or say anything negative about Madden video games! It seems to be the equivalent of a felony...
swiftychampleone is offline  
Old 10-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #208
Banned
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jun 2009
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
So if gameplay was as tight as the real thing in Madden 08, you'd be happy as pie with that????

That game was beyond boring. I disagree with what you say, presentation and immersion is what keeps me playing and not falling asleep. M10 is headed in the right direction in this regard, and the Extra Point can be expanded upon big time. This year was the "inaugural" year for that show.....

The gameplay is the most important aspect of any game, I don't know how you can argue that. The game has improved a lot of presentation aspects ; however, Madden 10 is still crap because the ratings are absolutely meaningless.
Dmacho is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Top -