Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Again, I wonder(been doing alot of that today lol) how much space is left on Blu-Ray disc w/ Madden 10 on it?
Dvd may be able to hold a good game on it but it doesn't have the stay power of Blu-Ray.
I actually think the 360/dvds may be holding back the evolution of next gen gaming all together, again just mho.

If they can't fix pancakes, simple football animations, etc. Whats holding them back competence, dvd, greediness, 360 what?
I hate to start the console wars here, but I think the 360 is holding us back. We all know that Blu-Ray holds over 5X more space than a standard DVD. Multi-platform games are made for 360 and ported over to PS3. If it was the other way, Xbox 360 would need a second disc and that would cost Microsoft money, big time. If Sony was winning this console war, this wouldn't be a problem but Sony was so STUPID for their high price system in the beginning that no one really wanted to develop for it for fear of poor game sales. No offense, but it's time for developers to tell MS to get a blu-ray component for their system because it's not enough space to move forward.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #226
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
I hate to start the console wars here, but I think the 360 is holding us back. We all know that Blu-Ray holds over 5X more space than a standard DVD. Multi-platform games are made for 360 and ported over to PS3. If it was the other way, Xbox 360 would need a second disc and that would cost Microsoft money, big time. If Sony was winning this console war, this wouldn't be a problem but Sony was so STUPID for their high price system in the beginning that no one really wanted to develop for it for fear of poor game sales. No offense, but it's time for developers to tell MS to get a blu-ray component for their system because it's not enough space to move forward.
Now that Blu-Ray is so popular, you'd think the evolution would begin.
My prediction is MS will eventually make a system that plays Blu-Ray and then will we be saying that Sony was so stupid

Anyhoo, not trying to start a console war either.

I Just want Madden/EA/Tiburon to live up to its not motto, " If its in the game, its in the game" and the newest one "Everything you see on Sundays".
Old 10-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #227
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Tiburon (Ian in particular, if I'm not mistaken) have stated that it's not disk space, but rather system memory (AKA RAM) is the limiting factor in this generation. Both X360 and PS3 are severely lacking in memory.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #228
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just moved to Florida, relocating for work and had been stuck in a hotel for the last month, unable to do any gaming. However my fortunes have changed, and I will be getting Verizon FiOS installed Thursday. Anyone know anything about the second update?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #229
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
Tiburon (Ian in particular, if I'm not mistaken) have stated that it's not disk space, but rather system memory (AKA RAM) is the limiting factor in this generation. Both X360 and PS3 are severely lacking in memory.
This is why the game we have now is lacking. It needs more memory in order to get everyting working correctly.

They should have never went with this engine on these platforms, and just stood with last gen madden till they got everything right behind closed doors with the current engine.

Ian admitted that he wished they never rushed with this engine and just waited till everything was right and stood with last gen engine till the time was right with the new engine.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #230
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
Both systems have hard drives so they need to use them. Just use the memory for the live stuff.
I'm tired of hearing excuses. What year are we in. We can't have realistic animations on football game?

Bottom line, If its in the game, it really needs to be in the game. Not just some slogan that they don't even live up to.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #231
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderdog
I just moved to Florida, relocating for work and had been stuck in a hotel for the last month, unable to do any gaming. However my fortunes have changed, and I will be getting Verizon FiOS installed Thursday. Anyone know anything about the second update?
All we have been told is it wont happen before November.

Given the time frame patch 1 had getting certified, and the fact EA admits patch 2 isnt complete yet. I think we could easily be looking at late November if not early December.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #232
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Both systems have hard drives so they need to use them. Just use the memory for the live stuff.
Not quite. I'd wager a large percent of 360 users who bought arcade/base systems still don't have HDDs. EA won't alienate those people if it means losing their money...even if a superior product is the result of it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »