Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #249
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

First of all I am enjoying this year of Madden but I am not a franchise player. I am a online franchise player that spends tons of time in practice mode.

Here is my question, why Madden needs to be released in mid August? Madden doesn't have any competitors and clearly Madden need extra time in development oven. We get games early and from the first hours of play we find out the major game play flaw that patches rarely ever fix.

EA is killing their cash cow. I am willing to wait as long as needed for the Madden team to put out a quality product because this cycle of August release, september patch, and then late November 2nd patch would kill any product.

I will be hard press to buy this game next August at 60 bones.

Peace
Old 10-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #250
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
First of all I am enjoying this year of Madden but I am not a franchise player. I am a online franchise player that spends tons of time in practice mode.

Here is my question, why Madden needs to be released in mid August? Madden doesn't have any competitors and clearly Madden need extra time in development oven. We get games early and from the first hours of play we find out the major game play flaw that patches rarely ever fix.

EA is killing their cash cow. I am willing to wait as long as needed for the Madden team to put out a quality product because this cycle of August release, september patch, and then late November 2nd patch would kill any product.

Peace
The answer to that question is Money. The game releases each year just as the excitement of a new NFL season is taking off. OTA's , training camps, pre season games. The game will always release with a short Dev cycle because it can. Year after year this game comes out with lot's of issues yet we all still buy it.

Why would EA change something that takes in millions of dollars each year. If EA knows they are going to sell half a million or more copies of a game at $60.00 each you can bet that game is going to be in stores at the same time each year, broken or not. It's about Money not the quality of the game.

It will never happen but if everyone just took one year off from buying this game that is all it would take. Just imagine the headline "Madden 11 sells 72 copies in first 3 months, EA stock plummets."
Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #251
Banned

OVR: 5

Theres no reason at all to buy this game next august. I will just wait until the patches come out and save myself at least 20 clams, and a lot of frustration, next year.

Sorry to be impatient to get this game to play right. But this patch probably won't come out until the end of november. that means I will have been waiting 3 months + to play the game I bought in august. That sucks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #252
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
The answer to that question is Money. The game releases each year just as the excitement of a new NFL season is taking off. OTA's , training camps, pre season games. The game will always release with a short Dev cycle because it can. Year after year this game comes out with lot's of issues yet we all still buy it.

Why would EA change something that takes in millions of dollars each year. If EA knows they are going to sell half a million or more copies of a game at $60.00 each you can bet that game is going to be in stores at the same time each year, broken or not. It's about Money not the quality of the game.

It will never happen but if everyone just took one year off from buying this game that is all it would take. Just imagine the headline "Madden 11 sells 72 copies in first 3 months, EA stock plummets."
EA needs to change because they are losing customers. This isn't a knock on EA nd Madden but sport games in general. I use to spend close to $500 a year alone on sport games. I would buy the baseball games, football games, basketball games, tennis games, and the hockey games. In the last calendar year I only picked up Madden 10. The cult of the patch was cool at first but not it seem more like a sham that doesn't really fix anything.

An ounce of prevention ( more time and resources in development) is better than a pound of patches.

Peace
Old 10-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #253
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Theres no reason at all to buy this game next august. I will just wait until the patches come out and save myself at least 20 clams, and a lot of frustration, next year.

Sorry to be impatient to get this game to play right. But this patch probably won't come out until the end of november. that means I will have been waiting 3 months + to play the game I bought in august. That sucks...
I think what you are saying is very reasonable. I use gamefly in the past to test games but now I am at the jilted gamer stage where I wont use one of rental slot for sport games. There are too many good non sport games to continue to beg and plead developers to get the basic of their games down.

I have NCAA 09, NHL 09, NBA 2k9 and I would rather play those with patches and tested sliders than go through the OS ritual of finding fixes for new games. I guess 08 was my final straw for incomplete sport games.

Peace
Old 10-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #254
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Sorry if this has been covered.

But sometimes when the CPU team makes a catch and the WR runs with the ball out of bounds this stops the clock, as it should.

But since I play with an accel clock, after I choose my play the regular clock runs down all of a sudden, and it starts ticking away again.

In that case only the play clock should be accelerated. the regular clock should not start running again untill the CPU makes the snap.

Anyone nitice this? Will this bug be covered?

Last edited by kpkpkp; 10-21-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #255
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Hard to believe that we haven't recieved 100% confirmed details. Prelims were out what? Friday?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #256
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt

Peace
It really doesn't matter when it comes out from a development standpoint. It could come out in january really, it's still 12 months whethers it's January or August. If you pushed it back to November it would only add a couple months for the first cycle but after that your right back to 12 months. EA will never go to a 2 year cycle either, doesn't make sense from a business aspect. They've got the marketing down to a science so don't look for that to change.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »