Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Can you even imagine if they were to do that. People get mad when the games don't drop before the pre-season, could you imagine what people would do if the game didn't drop until week 6!!!!
Ive been thinking this for the last five years. My madden has been sitting there since the preseason. I dont really understand how people play the game when they know a patch is coming out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #266
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
Ive been thinking this for the last five years. My madden has been sitting there since the preseason. I dont really understand how people play the game when they know a patch is coming out.
You mean you actually thought they would release this, or any game, without a patch? I'm pretty sure every game i've played has had a patch, that never stopped me from playing them unitl it was released.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #267
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Can you even imagine if they were to do that. People get mad when the games don't drop before the pre-season, could you imagine what people would do if the game didn't drop until week 6!!!!
Actually, I can remember when Madden didn't come out until the middle of November. Think that was back in the Genesis days. I remember picking up Madden '95 on like November 15th.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 10-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #268
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
This is true. Pushing it back a few months would only help for the first year it's done. After, it's back to the 12mo. cycle.

There's also the issue of the NFL (which also impacts the release date and the idea of a 2-year cycle as well). For most of these licensed games, the developers are hamstrung by the granter's timetable. Meaning, in the case of Madden, the NFL has a big say when Madden gets released. It coincides with their own seasonal kickoff promotions, etc.

In the end, t does essentially come down to money, of course...just simply not all on the part of EA. I'm willing to bet this is one of the struggles between the developers and the suits that the developers have either learned to accept, or always lose...lol.
The advantage of pushing the release date back is that we might then have a "patched" version earlier in the NFL's regular season? No matter what the release date I suspect EA will continue to put out an "unfinished" product, but not having our final patches until November is unacceptable imo.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:02 AM   #269
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Preliminary details

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopper654
I'm 100% sure that the 3rd patch will come out the second or third week of August next year
Old 10-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #270
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Excellent post IMO. Ratings have to carry weight not "just be there."
"Rarings" fixed.

With the extreme budget that the Madden team have, these sort of problems shouldn't have come to surface, and it started with '09. Now, Ian and his "team" of "devs" should have seen these problems and at least come out and said "We are trying to fix the morph and tim shift tackling and robo-QB and OL/DL interactions and WR/DB interactions and spin catch". Then came back to use with the results, instead they throw in a few "upgrade" to the presentation, do some garbage **** with the engine, which we have come to know as PRO-TAK, and update the rosters, constantly.

But no. Which means we suffer through another football season with some suck-***, slack job, piece of **** referred to as Madden '10.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #271
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Was there anything ever said about the missing stadium sounds?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #272
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
"Rarings" fixed.

With the extreme budget that the Madden team have, these sort of problems shouldn't have come to surface, and it started with '09. Now, Ian and his "team" of "devs" should have seen these problems and at least come out and said "We are trying to fix the morph and tim shift tackling and robo-QB and OL/DL interactions and WR/DB interactions and spin catch". Then came back to use with the results, instead they throw in a few "upgrade" to the presentation, do some garbage **** with the engine, which we have come to know as PRO-TAK, and update the rosters, constantly.

But no. Which means we suffer through another football season with some suck-***, slack job, piece of **** referred to as Madden '10.
Why do you waste your time on these boards if you obviously can't stand the game?

You obviously don't have any faith in Ian or the devs to fix anything so complaining is getting nowhere right?

Seems you've made your mind up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »