Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #297
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

I would just like to know what positions will the offline franchise stats get fixed for? I know the 2 biggest ones is OL pancakes and CB tackles, but many others are:

-OL pancakes (not enough)
-CB tackles (not enough) and sometimes INT's (not enough)
-QB yards (too much) and sometimes TD's (too much)
-RB TD's (not enough)
-WR yards (too much for most) and TD's (too much for most)

These are all I've noticed as have many, many others. I know these are known issues and that Ian and Co. are going to fix Franchise stats, but I was just wondering which ones specifically? Anyone heard any specifics?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #298
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
We're STILL getting these patches mid/late in the football season,so what's your point? By the time the 2nd patch comes out,I'm sure most will have moved on already...alot of guys are waiting to start a franchise when it drops....already mid-way through the season!....and this is acceptable to you?

See,the thing is....what their "attempting" to fix,should not be broken in the first place. This is football,the game has remained the same for how many years now?? with the exception of rule changes,the "x's" and "o's" are common place.
I agree...games DO ship with bugs and glitches....BUT....the big difference is longevity. I'm sure MOST people would like to play their franchise at/or around the start of the season....NOT mid-way through the season.
+1

Madden 10 release - August 14 Big Madden Patch - prob December

Time: 5 months

NBA 2k10 release- Oct 3 2k10 patch - mid Nov latest

Time: 1-1.5 months

Could you imagine how much trouble EA would be in if 2k could make an NFL game? 2k really takes care of their customers.

Last edited by bulls23; 10-23-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #299
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23

Could you imagine how much trouble EA would be in if 2k could make an NFL game? 2k really takes care of their customers.
Some things have changed since 2004. Practically every serious household has changed the type of television set they have in their house, we've had a new generation of consoles, and the resources required to develop a quality sports game nowadays are exponentially higher. What 2k did with 2k5 was admirable, but it's not at all instructive on what they're capable of now. Also, anyone who played MLB 2k9 would probably take issue with the notion that "2k takes care of their customers". Not when they patch the game and outfielders still can't catch flyballs with any regularity!

Recently, I've been buying back some of my favorite PS2 sports titles used for like 99 cents, either for nostalgia, or if my wife is blocking the TV with the 360 on it. As much as people talk about how great those games were, I have a tough time playing them. The framerates are terrible and it's just tough to believe what you see on the screen. In other words, the technology has come a long way since then. Sure I wish we could get a modern, 60fps, true HD version of 2k football with NFL licensing, but it just isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #300
Pro

OVR: 12

I thinks it's bit late for a patch. I'm having fun without it, but this game, for me, is gonna hit the shelf soon, with games like Forza 3 and Dragon Age coming out in the next few weeks I won't have time for Madden. Maybe I'll pick it up again in January when the playoffs start before I get rid of it.
NY Knicks :(

Old 10-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #301
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
I thinks it's bit late for a patch. I'm having fun without it, but this game, for me, is gonna hit the shelf soon, with games like Forza 3 and Dragon Age coming out in the next few weeks I won't have time for Madden. Maybe I'll pick it up again in January when the playoffs start before I get rid of it.

I agree, Madden already hit the shelf for me probably. To bad EA doesn't care, cause they already got out money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #302
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
2k really takes care of their customers.
Sure they do. Ask the MLB 2k fans if their franchise mode works after two patches this year. Or ask them how their outfielders play.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #303
Rookie

OVR: 4

I wonder if EA takes note of all these users who year after year complain just to see how many of them are right back on this forum the next year playing the latest version...
Old 10-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #304
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
+1

Madden 10 release - August 14 Big Madden Patch - prob December

Time: 5 months

NBA 2k10 release- Oct 3 2k10 patch - mid Nov latest

Time: 1-1.5 months

Really mlb 2k9 was a must sell The only reason nba is patched quick is because there is another basketball game named NBA LIVE. If Live wasn't out, NBA 2K would release the same stuff each year just like how they do now
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »