Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
While I agree with you when referring to football terminology, I have to disagree with you when speaking Madden play calling terminology. In Madden whenever a play says "Cover 2" there is always someone covering the flats via a zone. When a play is called "Cover 3" there are always players in flat zone coverage. If the play were man up on the outside it says "Cover 2 man" or "Cover 3 man" and there are many variations of these safety sets as you said, however if the play is called simply "Cover 2" or "Cover 3" there are ALWAYS players covering the flats. Again I am only speaking of Madden language here. I certainly do not disagree with anything you said accept only to point out that when someone says they need to fix "cover 2" or "cover 3", they are most likely speaking of the plays themselves, not the safety sets.
Alright... Dime Bucs/Bears Cover 2... Any flats coverage? Nope... The terminology is right, but the expectation is off... In the basic cover 2 in the 4-3, you have twp DBs playing a flats zone, but they also have to cover WRs... If they run quick paterns, that are still within their area, they cover that player leaving the deep flats to cover the short routes... Leaving the HBs open, but that's the nature of the game. You gotta get a good ajm on them to slow them down. You can't cover everything. I know what you're trying to say, but it just isn't that simple. There aren't always guys in the flats in a Cover 2 in this game, or in real life. That one was just off the top of my head. The other that doesn't employ coverage in the flats and is a Cover 2 is the basic 3-4 Cover 2, everyone is of behind the LOS...

@Tick32

Again, the screens were broken in the game and didn't work, the players didn't run the routes well and the HBs only caught lobs, making it easier for a LB to bat it down... But the short game was alive and well in the game, trust me. BUT a big difference in these two games, I find, is the amount of blitzing which took place. You HAD to play smart D in 2K, making for a wide variety of plays being defended... This year, and years past, with Madden, the blitz rained supreme with little a player could do against it... All I'm saying is that there are a lot of ways of stopping these plays because I've done it, employing the ways which I included in the previous posts, and for the reasons which I also outlined. I think some people want to use their sliders more then the games original config, but then if something goes wrong, which their sliders may have caused, they want it addressed in a patch... Try increasing the D's awareness and reaction and you'll see stops... And if you're playing online, stop blitzing and employ press and man coverages and you'll get success, eventually. Maybe not everytime, but enough to get the job done...

P.S. I'm also very curious how many of you guys set your D matchups for your games... Makes a HUGE difference. You need the proper matchups. Choose a faster OLB to cover HBs, or a SS or FS... But then again, that's something that takes time to do and learn how to do it as well. But it makes all of the difference in the world... There is another thread on this as well. And what's also nice about doing this is that all those "wierder" packages that guys like to use don't matter anymore when you're playing man D Enjoy... Those of you who want to protest can do so, but there are a lot of people out there who are doing what you say is impossible simply by learing a bit about how the D works and how you can use the new options to better your chances...

Last edited by Swingking77; 11-08-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #370
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick32
Some1 knows wat im talkin about
Ok I see what you are saying. Good point. I missunderstood at 1st. Ex. I like to occasionaly use a play called "cover 2 sink". That play has no flat zones. But all the plays called "cover2" or "cover 3" DO have flat zones. Also I don't seem to have problems with the flats on D. Now I do not play online. I also consider myself a decent play caller. I also play with some amazong LBs. They have speed, strength, pass rush skills and some ahve good man and zone coverages, heck some of them can even press. Still they are not CBs. If it's a good team with a good RB, like the Eagles, then yes it's difficult to stop a screeen, it SHOULD be. I do think the pursuit angles need work. I am ahving alot of fun with Madden this year. It's the best one in a long time.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #371
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Has anyone heard/read if the 2nd title update has been submitted to MS and SCEA?

I understand how difficult it can be to patch a title w/o a million other things going wrong in the process, but I am getting impatient here. I'm a sim player, who values true to life stats, so I just can't start my franchise until some things are addressed. It's week 9 of the season and Madden needs some serious dusting atm.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #372
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
Has anyone heard/read if the 2nd title update has been submitted to MS and SCEA?

I understand how difficult it can be to patch a title w/o a million other things going wrong in the process, but I am getting impatient here. I'm a sim player, who values true to life stats, so I just can't start my franchise until some things are addressed. It's week 9 of the season and Madden needs some serious dusting atm.
Yeah it did. It's supposed to be coming out in the middle of this month.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #373
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Thank you BnG. I appreciate the response my man.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #374
Let's Go Mets!!!

Nyrican127's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold

good to hear
New York Rangers
Florida Gators
Chelsea FC
Old 11-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #375
Banned

OVR: 4

I could pretty much guarantee that after this patch is out, this is the last Madden i'll be playing unless I see some eye opening, innovative game play, like that of the 06 Madden commercials where they show a cgi Donny Mcnabb thinking it was real gameplay footage from 06 Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 03:46 AM   #376
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley roper
I could pretty much guarantee that after this patch is out, this is the last Madden i'll be playing unless I see some eye opening, innovative game play, like that of the 06 Madden commercials where they show a cgi Donny Mcnabb thinking it was real gameplay footage from 06 Madden.
Then this is the last Madden you'll be playing, because all they are doing is trying to put a band-aid on what is broken primarily.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »