Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #377
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

so i guess ian is never coming back? lol. This time last year he was all over this place gathering feedback for madden 10...

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #378
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
so i guess ian is never coming back? lol. This time last year he was all over this place gathering feedback for madden 10...
I think he'll come back, but it'll be on a limited basis. Again, I have no inside information. But right now, I just don't foresee him making a comeback and interacting in the same capacity he once did. Me personally, I'm expecting him to come with a thread/poll here or there to collect feedback throughout the cycle and that may be about it. I don't expect him to stroll through random threads lending responses as he previously did.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #379
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Then this is the last Madden you'll be playing, because all they are doing is trying to put a band-aid on what is broken primarily.
Yeah but it's the principles that count. I mean, sure, games are not without faults, but come on, we are in week 9, going towards week 10, possibly week 11 when the patch finally comes out. The testing out of all the kinks, glitches etc should have been done prior to it's release so it would have been easier and faster to fix.

the NBA games have already been getting patched on it's 2nd one already and it's only been a few weeks since it's release. One thing that EA Madden sucks at is it's QA. Just saying.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #380
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I think he'll come back, but it'll be on a limited basis. Again, I have no inside information. But right now, I just don't foresee him making a comeback and interacting in the same capacity he once did. Me personally, I'm expecting him to come with a thread/poll here or there to collect feedback throughout the cycle and that may be about it. I don't expect him to stroll through random threads lending responses as he previously did.
Why would he come back and interact on the same level as he did. He made and effort and look at how people here treated him. Attacking him and setting up their own anti-
EA agendas. It was bad. So bad that they had to put a new admendment to the TOS. I think people here did not apprecitate what we had. He made great strides in this years game, and not to see it...well some people just don't want to like anything made by EA.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #381
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Why would he come back and interact on the same level as he did. He made and effort and look at how people here treated him. Attacking him and setting up their own anti-
EA agendas. It was bad. So bad that they had to put a new admendment to the TOS. I think people here did not apprecitate what we had. He made great strides in this years game, and not to see it...well some people just don't want to like anything made by EA.

psshhhh...i wasn't here last year but from what I've read the EA team came here with a lot of broken promises. I appreciate Ian's attempt to connect as in most industries/for most products you don't have an opportunity for direct feedback of consumer concerns. if you don't think bounty is the quicker picker upper you don't get to come on a website and bitch and moan to the head R&D guy. you simply switch brands. hmmmm novel idea madden nation.

having said that, if consumer/developer interaction results in the same ol' madden for the most part and missing features (man align, swim moves, flats defense) then it was a waste of time for both parties.

Here's to Ian not wasting his or our time. He knows what's wrong with the game and if he doesn't then God bless him. don't worry about talking to us knuckleheads, worry about getting this game right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #382
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Please. He is a grown man and needs to be responsible for his own words. I find it very hard to imagine a message board taught him that.

You can put whatever spin you like on it, anti-EA, agenda motives or people not liking EA products. You can even assume people didn't appreciate having that type of interaction.

The problem is that interaction is useless if the information isn't being used. Regardless of if you agreed with how each person conveyed a message, the point was people are passionate about the game and want it to be improved. Expect some frustration with that passion.

At the end of the day, promises got made that didn't get kept. Its very easy to go back and look at Ian's own words in addition to EA's Dev Blogs and see things that simply are not in M10.

Its not that people cant look past the improvements in this years game, its that to some one lie can over shadow all promises kept.

Ian left on his own, seemingly not able to take the negative comments. Thats fine, thats on him. I commend the guy for coming out and saying it rather than just leaving. My issue is that he doesn't seem to understand why the negativity is there.

Asking about pursuit angle examples, saying ball certain morphs arent possible in the game and claiming the aspects of crowd noise worked when they didnt. He should have expected to get called out on all that exactly the way he did. You wanna market the game towards kids, thats fine, but dont come into a forum and treat people like kids.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #383
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Please. He is a grown man and needs to be responsible for his own words. I find it very hard to imagine a message board taught him that.

You can put whatever spin you like on it, anti-EA, agenda motives or people not liking EA products. You can even assume people didn't appreciate having that type of interaction.

The problem is that interaction is useless if the information isn't being used. Regardless of if you agreed with how each person conveyed a message, the point was people are passionate about the game and want it to be improved. Expect some frustration with that passion.

At the end of the day, promises got made that didn't get kept. Its very easy to go back and look at Ian's own words in addition to EA's Dev Blogs and see things that simply are not in M10.

Its not that people cant look past the improvements in this years game, its that to some one lie can over shadow all promises kept.

Ian left on his own, seemingly not able to take the negative comments. Thats fine, thats on him. I commend the guy for coming out and saying it rather than just leaving. My issue is that he doesn't seem to understand why the negativity is there.

Asking about pursuit angle examples, saying ball certain morphs arent possible in the game and claiming the aspects of crowd noise worked when they didnt. He should have expected to get called out on all that exactly the way he did. You wanna market the game towards kids, thats fine, but dont come into a forum and treat people like kids.
You had me in the first part ,except for the lying part, you lost me in the second part.

Are you in the know that Ian left because of the negative comments and how they are presented? That is just pure speculation and we don't know the real reason. I don't mind myself and others to criticize the game, but not go after the developers when we are not in the know.(not saying you did, but others certainly did and that's why the TOS was added. that is on us)
Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #384
Rookie

OVR: 3

been playing since the first madden. it gets better every year. i used to like this place. but know i hate hearing all these idiots. please ban my account.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »