Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #385
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Please. He is a grown man and needs to be responsible for his own words. I find it very hard to imagine a message board taught him that.

You can put whatever spin you like on it, anti-EA, agenda motives or people not liking EA products. You can even assume people didn't appreciate having that type of interaction.

The problem is that interaction is useless if the information isn't being used. Regardless of if you agreed with how each person conveyed a message, the point was people are passionate about the game and want it to be improved. Expect some frustration with that passion.

At the end of the day, promises got made that didn't get kept. Its very easy to go back and look at Ian's own words in addition to EA's Dev Blogs and see things that simply are not in M10.

Its not that people cant look past the improvements in this years game, its that to some one lie can over shadow all promises kept.

Ian left on his own, seemingly not able to take the negative comments. Thats fine, thats on him. I commend the guy for coming out and saying it rather than just leaving. My issue is that he doesn't seem to understand why the negativity is there.

Asking about pursuit angle examples, saying ball certain morphs arent possible in the game and claiming the aspects of crowd noise worked when they didnt. He should have expected to get called out on all that exactly the way he did. You wanna market the game towards kids, thats fine, but dont come into a forum and treat people like kids.
+1.
I was pretty much done with Madden until Ian showed up. I really believe d things were gonna change but it didnt. We were given all this info and videos to keep our interest high for the game. Then its finally released with a ton of bugs and glitches, where's Ian and company ? Nowhere to be found..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #386
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm so excited for the Madden Arcade game!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #387
Banned

OVR: 49

People who talk about EA or 2k agendas are usually the fanboys themselves. Just look at live 10. Good job to them, what a turn around. When you build a solid game, you get praise, when you release a broken game, you get complaints. Specially when your the only game choice to the fans. I think most people agree Maddens took a step forward this year. The reality is its the 4th next gen title and still feels like a first year beta. I dont mean that as a bash, I'm just stating the majority feel this way. How can we expect people not to gripe on here? There just tired of waiting year after year.

For me personally, Madden needs to feel fresh, and yet feel like a completed game. $60 is a lot of cion in todays economy for a lightly revised version.

Lets hope this 2nd patch can substantially improve some issues.

I mean no harm to those that love the game. I would love to enjoy it right with you. Footballs the greatest. I TRUELY hope EA's releases a killer game next year. Both NBA Live 10 & 2k10 spoiled me this year...loved them! Next year could be a great sport game year!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #388
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
People who talk about EA or 2k agendas are usually the fanboys themselves. Just look at live 10. Good job to them, what a turn around. When you build a solid game, you get praise, when you release a broken game, you get complaints. Specially when your the only game choice to the fans. I think most people agree Maddens took a step forward this year. The reality is its the 4th next gen title and still feels like a first year beta. I dont mean that as a bash, I'm just stating the majority feel this way. How can we expect people not to gripe on here? There just tired of waiting year after year.

For me personally, Madden needs to feel fresh, and yet feel like a completed game. $60 is a lot of cion in todays economy for a lightly revised version.

Lets hope this 2nd patch can substantially improve some issues.

I mean no harm to those that love the game. I would love to enjoy it right with you. Footballs the greatest. I TRUELY hope EA's releases a killer game next year. Both NBA Live 10 & 2k10 spoiled me this year...loved them! Next year could be a great sport game year!
Nice post, I agree with most of it except I'm still playing Madden because it's much more fresh than 09 was for me.

I don't have an issue with people griping, but it's how they gripe and the constant griping from the same people is what bugs me. People tend to focus much more on the negativity because it sticks out more, but forget the positives that the game brings out.

It was much simpler in my days of gaming. I started with Pong, and what I put into the system, we got back. Same with Atari's gaming system all the way to the Sega Genesis. Pop in Joe Montana football or Bill Walsh College Football and that was what you got. I remember paying $50.00 for a Magic Johnson bball game on the NES and it was horrendous. No patches, you deal with it.

Now, with NG gaming, there is the internet and the demands for perfection or realism. If I put 100's of hrs into a game, I'm satisfied, I got my money's worth. Some people can't play Madden more than so many hrs because it's not up to their quality of standards.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #389
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nice post, I agree with most of it except I'm still playing Madden because it's much more fresh than 09 was for me.

I don't have an issue with people griping, but it's how they gripe and the constant griping from the same people is what bugs me. People tend to focus much more on the negativity because it sticks out more, but forget the positives that the game brings out.

It was much simpler in my days of gaming. I started with Pong, and what I put into the system, we got back. Same with Atari's gaming system all the way to the Sega Genesis. Pop in Joe Montana football or Bill Walsh College Football and that was what you got. I remember paying $50.00 for a Magic Johnson bball game on the NES and it was horrendous. No patches, you deal with it.

Now, with NG gaming, there is the internet and the demands for perfection or realism. If I put 100's of hrs into a game, I'm satisfied, I got my money's worth. Some people can't play Madden more than so many hrs because it's not up to their quality of standards.
I too bought that game which might be the worst sports game of all time.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #390
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
I too bought that game which might be the worst sports game of all time.
We must be the only one's left on Earth that bought that game. It was heavily sponsored by Pepsi.

So, talk about ads during a game, this one was more intrusive than Madden and that was 20 yrs ago.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:17 AM   #391
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

they are on the right track if you had madden 09 and madden 10 together they would be on the oposite ends of the spectrum madden 10 by far is there greatest release. does it need work yes but from a replay standpoint alone it is worth the purchase. they added alot of features in a 1 year cycle in all fairness you need 2 years to make a decent product it is not easy to add feature and to make sure they work right. i expect madden 11 to be even greater with new running animations and all the features from 10 bug free.

and then we will be complaining about the new stuff lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 05:38 AM   #392
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Generally, the linebackers aren't fast enough to get over to their outside flat zones. Play Cover 2 and you'll do a much better job taking away the flats.
I don't have the cover flats problem. My scheme is take a way the flats and let them take their chances down the field. I play cover 3 press and cover 2 soft (indicated by yellow) and cover 2 press (indicated by blue) to take away the flats. I use mostly 3-4 and I spread my lbs.

There is a problem with alignment in man coverage. Sometime when I play cover 1 man my defenders are too far away from the players they are covering. I manually place my men in better position to cover backs.

Also some lbs don't have the speed to cover backs in the flat and substitutions are needed if you are going to play play.

Last but not least the pursuit angles show up time to time.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »