Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #465
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses

In the last 2 weeks i've purchased NBA 2k10, Modern Warfare 2, and Ghostbusters. I officially don't care if the patch ever comes out. EA bungled this bad, and I think a lot of people have moved on like I have. And the further this carries into the holiday gaming season, the more great games that will be released.
bingo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #466
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
I just ebayed my Madden.

It got boring fast.
How this have anything to do with the 2nd patch? We all have our own pet peeve with the game but if you like football gaming how did it get boring in just 3 months?
Old 11-14-2009, 04:22 AM   #467
Banned

OVR: 31

Not to cause trouble but EA has in the past walked away from announcements. The life its PC brand of games was announced "a new future" then summarily forgotten about. NBA Live was basically cancelled one year after they said they were still working on it.

Anyways i am quite skeptical about this game. The silence is indeed frightening considering how open and direct the developers were this time last year.

It is a shame. I enjoy Madden 10. The broadcast view added a lot for me. I was hoping patch 2 would take it over the top.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:42 AM   #468
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
Not to cause trouble but EA has in the past walked away from announcements. The life its PC brand of games was announced "a new future" then summarily forgotten about. NBA Live was basically cancelled one year after they said they were still working on it.

Anyways i am quite skeptical about this game. The silence is indeed frightening considering how open and direct the developers were this time last year.

It is a shame. I enjoy Madden 10. The broadcast view added a lot for me. I was hoping patch 2 would take it over the top.
So you're thinking that patch #2 won't be released at all?
It wouldn't surprise me after what happened to the (in)famous free Sim DLC for Madden 09 last year.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #469
Banned

OVR: 14

I just can't believe they still haven't address online franchise issues that have been there since release, such as rookie's ages showing up 40-50 years old or the scoring summary STILL being out of whack.

They talked about how they could update things on the fly and make changes if needed to, but we've seen almost nothing.

I tested an Online Draft as commish from my PC last night, it was one of the most painful experiences of my life, no clock option on PC, wasn't letting me select a player, menus not coming up...it was horrid.

It's like they had to throw OF in so they did the bare minimum of what they had to do to call it an "OF"...
Old 11-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #470
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb

You're basically saying that gameplay shouldn't be addressed by a patch because diehard gamers are an obsessive-compulsive group. Maybe they are and maybe they aren't but refusing to improve the product because of some group's neurosis is it's own insanity.
LMAO, are you serious. I bought a game in August. I played 5 seasons in my first franchise. Then they release the first patch. This first patch alters the gameplay in the wrong way by making the runners stutter while running. And is a complete failure in fixing simmed stats for the CPU.

Then this 2nd patch is suppose to fix all this. So basically youre are making excuses for EA. I dont care what the development cycle is. Bottom line is that EA chooses to make an NFL game every year. Why? Money. So if you are going to do it your way, then dont half-*** it. Otherwise release a game every other year.

I have a bigger problem with NCAA. NCAA 10 is junk. Madden is a good game, but im starting to see these patches affect the game in a bad way compared to how the game came out of the box.

But i spend countless hours playing 5 seasons in franchise, only to watch a patch alter gameplay that forces me to come up with a whole new set of sliders. And if it had fixed the sim stats, what sane person wouldnt have wanted to start over with better gameplay and simmed stats??? My line were going down in overall every year due to the pancake stat being screwed. Bad thing is that the first patch actually made the game worse. Im all for presentation. But atleast go about it the right way. Take notes from the NCAA 10 basketball team and kill the repetitive halftime show.

You may need to go look at the definition for obsessive compulsive.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #471
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm not trying to misrepresent what he said or put words in his mouth but if you read the last line of his quote I get the impression that the patch hasn't actually been submitted for approval yet. Basically I'm left with the notion that they're still working on it and we aren't in the MS/Sony approval phase like mentioned time and time again in this thread. With that said, and if true, I bet the time frame is more along the lines of a few weeks to a month vs. any day now.

Just an opinion based on what I read. Not saying that's what he implied.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-forums-3.html

Here is what Ian said.

Quote:
There's no 'possibly' to it. lol.

It sucks that we've been quiet, and I know there are folks here that are restless and also getting more and more negative, but there's not much I can do really. The 2nd title update has taken a long time to finish, and there were a bunch more hiccups in the road that we didn't expect. Larry and I created a blog showing what was approved and guaranteed to be in the patch, but as you all know I won't promise anything else until I'm 100% sure it's going in so I don't end up getting roasted (at least worse than I already do).

As Valdarez said, we are working on re-tooling how we will be communicating, and unfortunately it will not be daily direct interaction here on OS. As much as I loved many aspects of the interaction, it also got way too personal so there needs to be a better way to pull this stuff off that doesn't drive every employee that steps into the community into a depression. For every thread where I might have gotten great feedback on what to improve, there was some other guy making youtube videos about how he thinks I am a liar and posting them in the same thread. That type of s--t can ruin your night or even your weekend. So why put up with that if we don't have to?

Some ideas we've had so far include invite-only forums, polls, regular live chats, regular podcasts/radio show type of things, and many other ways to try and take all the lessons that we learned from the 10 cycle and fine-tune it to remove all the bad stuff for 11.

You will hear from us as soon as the information is locked in. Until then, I can't help much more than that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #472
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

either way, whatever. i enjoy madden but can't really play a true franchise based on robo-QB and the stats. i'm not selling it though and am patiently waiting. im the meantime, i'm playing nba 2k10 and COD so it's all good for me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »