Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #521
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

All we have are third party confirmations that the patch is in MS/Sony's hands. Hearsay. Has Ian or any of the actual EA staff said point blank that the patch is in the final approval phase? So far I think all we have as confirmation of this is a mod on a board.

I'm getting the impression that they're still developing the patch and if that's the case its going to be Dec before we see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #522
Rookie

OVR: 5

Dont get me wrong the game is awesome and leaps and bounds over last years but the fact that its not complete, excuse my phrase from the 40's, is whats getting my goat. Im not buying at launch again. Not even going to preorder it, its nov and I havent started my franchise yet. With all the games out now Im not even sure if I want to play it anymore.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #523
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
All we have are third party confirmations that the patch is in MS/Sony's hands. Hearsay. Has Ian or any of the actual EA staff said point blank that the patch is in the final approval phase? So far I think all we have as confirmation of this is a mod on a board.

I'm getting the impression that they're still developing the patch and if that's the case its going to be Dec before we see it.
Ian Cummings has said that it's in MS hands for certification in late October via his twitter page.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39
Old 11-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #524
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
The patch is in MS and Sony's hands and will most likely be released in the middle of the month. From PastaPadre
This middle of the month prediction isn't looking too good right about now.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #525
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

I hope the patch didnt fail authorization for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #526
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
I hope the patch didnt fail authorization for some reason.
i have a pretty good feeling there was some sort of problem along the way if it's taking this long...
Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #527
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
i have a pretty good feeling there was some sort of problem along the way if it's taking this long...
Well that is depressing news....Really the only problem I have with the game now is O-line progression....I should say the only big problem cuz from reading the posts there are obviously a lot. Forgive me if this has been talked about but what about brining back the training a la madden 2003-2007 I believe it was? Do mini drills...this was on PS2 - not the next gen training, which I thought was garbage.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #528
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by barats
There are anti-trust laws from monopolies forming in the US. How is this not one here? They have a monopoly on NFL games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...14-2009-a.html

This covers a lot of the monopoly discussion.
I said this in another thread. EA does not have a monopoly. The video game industry is an oligopoly, which is not only legal, it's a major part of our economy. An oligopoly is an industry controlled by a few massive countries, and manner smaller, upstart companies are around, but have a very small share of the industry. Think shoe companies, fast food, beer, soda, etc. EA does not have a monopoly, as they aren't even the top video game software company as far as revenue.

Just because they have exclusive rights to the NFL does not make them a monopoly. That'd be like saying Reebok has a monopoly in sports apparel because they are the only ones that can sell NFL merchandise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
C'mon now, there's no comparison to the types of fixes Infinity Ward has put out for MW2 and what we are expecting for Madden. The MW2 patches have been small, quick fixes for online connectivity, not completely revamping gameplay like the Madden patch will.

Still, this Madden patch is LONG overdue.
Here's a comparison that works better. The NCAA 2nd Patch came out on August 24. A month and two days after release. Madden's is currently sitting at 3 months and 3 days, and still no 2nd patch.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »