Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #529
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Missile
Does any one know when their NFL license expires?

I wouldn't be surprised if other game developers have been working on something the last few years and as soon as EA loses their rights, some other company releases a game that blows EA out of the water.
I read 2012, of course they could have a bid and EA could get it again. Its really up to the NFL whether or not they want others to create an NFL game.
Its only fair to the NFL Fan nation to see others get a chance to produce a "Sim" NFL game.

Its 2009 and EA is just now introducing gang tackling( pro-tak ) into Madden?
They act like this is a special feature

What are they going to introduce in 2010.
A horse collar penalty?
Custom playbook?
A few more different gang tackling animations?
and call it Madden 11, the best yet!

I say we all wait until Thanksgiving next year before we decide whether or not to buy Madden 11. This will show the NFL and EA that we are fed up w/ this 1 year recycle
Old 11-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #530
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
I say we all wait until Thanksgiving next year before we decide whether or not to buy Madden 11. This will show the NFL and EA that we are fed up w/ this 1 year recycle
^^If I had a dollar for every time I've read similar sentiments in the past 3 years, I could buy the NFL license myself LOL.

But as far as the license and when it expires, I've all but given up hope on that. As much as I'm enjoying M10, my gut tells me that 2K would be producing a superior NFL game at this point. Regardless, the NFL agreed to extend the license coming off the heels of the broken Madden 08. It was then apparent to me that the NFL only cares about the bottom line, not the quality of the game.

So to all those holding your breath on the license, good luck. Myself, I've come to grips with it and don't anticipate seeing a NFL title aside from Madden for quite some time.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #531
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave39
Ian Cummings has said that it's in MS hands for certification in late October via his twitter page.
All I saw is an answer by Ian on a question regarding the patch release date:
"Question 2 - I still don't have any status on the release date of the 2nd title update yet. You guys know the drill..they're unpredictable."

People read it and thought that 'they' must be Sony & MS.
Based on recent statements by Ian I would say that 'they' was a general description for patches.

I guess that the patch was still in EA internal testing in early/mid-November.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #532
Rookie

OVR: 10

Its a shame the 2nd patch didnt come out yet. I have already moved on to MW2, and wont be going back to football. So guess we'll see ya all next year.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #533
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
^^If I had a dollar for every time I've read similar sentiments in the past 3 years, I could buy the NFL license myself LOL.
I read it alot as well.
I really didn't feel this way myself 3years ago.
I had faith they could give us something better on the Next-gen systems back then.
Now its going on 2010 and we are just now getting gang tackling, which is still broken imo.
We are waiting until what looks like December before we can get simmed stats corrected?
I guess you can say I've changed my tune about Madden over the past 3yrs.
Maybe I'm preaching to the choir, but I've never said this about Madden until now.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-17-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #534
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Just because they have exclusive rights to the NFL does not make them a monopoly. That'd be like saying Reebok has a monopoly in sports apparel because they are the only ones that can sell NFL merchandise.
I don't disagree...I only linked the thread discussing the lawsuit because I didn't want to see this one go down that path and likely get locked.

Quote:
Its 2009 and EA is just now introducing gang tackling( pro-tak ) into Madden?
They act like this is a special feature
While I understand the lack of frustration with the overall progress (or lack there of) of Madden since they got the exclusive rights, lets be fair.

They aren't "just now" introducing gang tackles. They've had them since Madden 08 (07 for the PS3, I believe). Pro-tak is more than simply gang-tackling...whether one thinks it's a great feature or not is a separate discussion. Of course they advertise it. The Show advertised details that ASB had at one time...doesn't make them any less cool to have now.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #535
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I read it alot as well.
I really didn't feel this way myself 3years ago.
I had faith they could give us something better on the Next-gen systems back then.
Now its going on 2010 and we are just now getting gang tackling, which is still broken imo.
We are waiting until what looks like December before we can get simmed stats corrected?
I guess you can say I've changed my tune about Madden over the past 3yrs.
Maybe I'm preaching to the choir, but I've never said this about Madden until now.
I'm assuming you were a very patient person when 08 came out because the second patch came out in November as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #536
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
They aren't "just now" introducing gang tackles. They've had them since Madden 08 (07 for the PS3, I believe). Pro-tak is more than simply gang-tackling

I don't belive, show me a video of Madden in 07, 08, or 09 w/ a gang tackle. I would like to see it. I've owned the PS3 since its launch and I don't recall seeing one until Madden 10.

Whether it(Pro-tak) is more than simply gang-tackling is for another thread as well as
if it looks like hugging more than tackling.

Now if I could start my franchise before Christmas w/o having to start over b/c of simmed stat issues, I may be in a better mood. Thanks for your support in understanding my frustrations.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-17-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »