Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #641
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
English teachers everywhere are weeping right now.
We should bash the english teachers, not the posters

anyway is the patch out yet? I've slept some
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #642
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
We should bash the english teachers, not the posters
Don't blame the teachers. They do their jobs.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #643
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
About 90% of what was asked for was implemented into the game. So, I don't think they ignored many of the features that were asked for.
Roadman, I've seen you make this claim before and am just wondering what your basis is. I can think of at least 3 things off the top of my head that didn't make it (in-game saves, custom cam, ball spinning the right way in replays), and I know there were things mentioned in the dev blogs that also didn't make it. Anyways, just curious where you got the 90% figure from.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #644
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinc1019
I agree. Ultimately, we are the customers here and for them to ignore so many of the features we wanted is beyond ridiculous....The only thing this year's Madden and this year's MLB2K prove is that FREE MARKETS work and markets that are altered do not. If you don't like NBA 2k, you can go buy NBA LIVE. If you do not like NHL 10, you can go buy NHL2K. If you don't like MLB2K, you have to go spend $300.00 on a ps3, which is honestly worth it just for MLB 10.....and finally, if you do not like Madden, well too bad....because that's all there is. I doubt very much that EA would do such a poor job if they knew we could all go buy 2K's version of football instead.

Thats really my only REAL gripe. I want to be able to play another NFL game(not outdated) when EA decides to take 3-4months to give us game fixes for what they've admitted to be "game issues".

In turn EA would change and they would adapt or be left behind. Thats why I'm so Pro-Euphoria(Backbreaker).
Who can argue that competition doesn't bring out the best in CO.'s.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-19-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #645
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Roadman, I've seen you make this claim before and am just wondering what your basis is. I can think of at least 3 things off the top of my head that didn't make it (in-game saves, custom cam, ball spinning the right way in replays), and I know there were things mentioned in the dev blogs that also didn't make it. Anyways, just curious where you got the 90% figure from.
It was a list that I think Bgamer came up with that I provided previously. Ian also provided a standard list at the end of the wishlist and brought it back out when the game came out.

It was agreed that 90% of what was wished from OS was put into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #646
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Thats really my only REAL gripe. I want to be able to play another NFL game(not outdated) when EA decides to take 3-4months to give us game fixes for what they've admitted to be "game issues".

In turn EA would change and they would adapt or be left behind. Thats why I'm so Pro-Euphoria(Backbreaker).
Who can argue that competition doesn't bring out the best in CO.'s.
I don't think anyone questions competition brings out the best in everything. I'll leave it at that because this is a Madden forum and would turn this thread off-topic.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #647
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinc1019
I agree. Ultimately, we are the customers here and for them to ignore so many of the features we wanted is beyond ridiculous....The only thing this year's Madden and this year's MLB2K prove is that FREE MARKETS work and markets that are altered do not. If you don't like NBA 2k, you can go buy NBA LIVE. If you do not like NHL 10, you can go buy NHL2K. If you don't like MLB2K, you have to go spend $300.00 on a ps3, which is honestly worth it just for MLB 10.....and finally, if you do not like Madden, well too bad....because that's all there is. I doubt very much that EA would do such a poor job if they knew we could all go buy 2K's version of football instead.
The putrid MLB 2K series really breaks my heart as a baseball lover. (Who only owns a 360.)

Every year for the last 3 years I've spent money on their games only to be dissapointed. (Though the last two years, knowing the "trend" they were on, I bought it used for $30 both times.)

Not since MLB 2K5 have I had a decent ball game to play.

Freezing, DL lists that dont work, ERA not calculated correctly, Players who were demoted and re-promoted loosing their real life avatar appearance. (David Ortiz turned into a chubby white white guy in my franchise, so did any player who went on a DL stint.) (I wish I was making this up!)

And they never fixed any of it!

If you think community communication and patch releases are bad here.... You have'nt seen anything untill you've dealt with 2K forums and their games.

If whoever is on the dev team for the MLB 2K series still has their jobs, I'll loose all faith in humanity.

EDIT: I actually went out and bought a used original Xbox and MVP 2005, for a total of $40 last year after the debacle that was MLB 2k8. And thought maybe just maybe they would get it right with 2K9. But nope.... Still playing MVP '05 with downloaded CAP rosters. Pathetic 2K... seriously.

Last edited by kpkpkp; 11-19-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #648
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think anyone questions competition brings out the best in everything. I'll leave it at that because this is a Madden forum and would turn this thread off-topic.
It was posted as a rhetorical question, so thanks for adding that. I posted more valid points but you just may have missed that. Its okay, we got you roadman
Remember next time answering rhetorical questions could throw this board "off topic"
Back on topic now. Has anyone seen any tweets or news about this patch today?

Last edited by dfos81; 11-19-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »