Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #729
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Just a rough timeline on this, on 9/8 we got the video's from Ian about patch #1.

Ian posted this on 9/9 "Just to clarify - the first title update was finalized quite a while ago (I think the week before the game shipped?)."

We didnt get the first patch till around 9/24. I could have swore we were told it was held up along the way.

The video and post defiantly shows Ian didn't want to talk about things before he knows they are in the game. It also shows the testing by MS and Sony took alteast 2 weeks. Per Ian the patch was sent for cert before the game was released, so that would have it taking over a month, but again, we got told it was held up.

We also got told this isnt something that can be "rushed". The holidays should be impacting the certification this time around. Unless we got lied to about the first patch, I dont see how it can be out before Mid December.

This also should rule out any third patch (like NCAA had) becuase again, on this same time line patch 3 would be out no sooner than 7 months before M11.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #730
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung
In the console world 'first party' means the manufacturer of the respective hardware platform.
3rd party means the independent game development studios/distributors.

E.g. 2K has exclusive 3rd party rights for MLB games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_developer
To EA, Sony and Microsoft are the third parties. For them, first party would be their own internal testing.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #731
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
To EA, Sony and Microsoft are the third parties. For them, first party would be their own internal testing.
EXACTLY!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #732
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

I am glad to hear that the patch will be released soon, but for me I have moved on to basketball, It just took too long for the release of the patch and now my attention has moved forward.
I have learned a lesson this year, I will no longer buy madden at launch, Os is a great source for obtaining information about game statis.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #733
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Exactly. His statement is correct but from the wrong original perspective.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #734
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
I am glad to hear that the patch will be released soon, but for me I have moved on to basketball, It just took too long for the release of the patch and now my attention has moved forward.
I have learned a lesson this year, I will no longer buy madden at launch, Os is a great source for obtaining information about game statis.
yeah I have been playing Nba live alot lately I haven't touched Madden in weeks
Old 11-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #735
Banned

OVR: 12

i been playin mw2 alot madden is collecting dust right now but when patch 2 comes out i might play a few games then back to mw2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 01:41 AM   #736
MVP

OVR: 18

I have not been able to stop playing it since release. When I don't play for a few days I get all paranoid and start scratching everywhere. Yeah I'm addicted. Supposedly this patch will fix issues (not sure what they are, because I don't visit glitch threads), just more icing on my addiction. One heck of a game we got this year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »