Home

Can't Snap the ball in time problem

This is a discussion on Can't Snap the ball in time problem within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Can't Snap the ball in time problem

Hi all

Ive has happen to me a few times where basically using for example:

I-FORM..i move the TE in motion to block on the weak side, i play with 15 sec acc clock so as you can imagine i DON'T have much time.

They clock gets to about 3-4 seconds my TE still has that red circle on him as he was the last player ive sent in motion and im hammering X(SNAP button) and nothings happened! Literally 5 odd times im tapping X with the clock on 2-3 seconds left but it never snaps!

THe TE is down to block so he's completed his motion but it just doesn't snap the ball.

I give up soo many delay of game penalties because of this its frustrating!

I only have this when its a RUSHING play, when i do this on a passing play RODGERS always makes the snap instantly.

Is this just me? ordoes anyone else have this? Have i got to do something to make the QB snap the ball as ive pressed X?

Again this only happens on a RUSH play and WHEN im send like A TE into motion as an extra blocker.

thanks for any thoughts in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Can't Snap the ball in time problem

Yea it happens to me too. And I'm starting to notice it more and more!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktipton87
Yea it happens to me too. And I'm starting to notice it more and more!
have you had any luck in fixing this problem?

So far tonight i do it about 3-4 times a game and its annoying!

Only solution is on 1 second PAUSE then literally UNPAUSE and tap snap it worked twice but not sure i really want to be pausing as im about to snap the ball :P

Although maybe its just us as despite all these views noone else appears to have had this happen to them
Old 10-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

I hate it, it starts you off with 14 seconds on the clock. By the time your players are set up you have about 10 seconds left and motioning 1 player will eat up about 5 or more seconds. I hardly send players in motion for this reason. They need to increase the clock to 17 seconds.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Its a horrid issue, and its anyformation when you motion a player, you should be able to hike with them in motion.

Its especially bad when its your first down on offense after possession change or first time offense out after kick/punt return, you are almost always screwed if you want to motion someone for any reason/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycast27
have you had any luck in fixing this problem?

So far tonight i do it about 3-4 times a game and its annoying!

Only solution is on 1 second PAUSE then literally UNPAUSE and tap snap it worked twice but not sure i really want to be pausing as im about to snap the ball :P

Although maybe its just us as despite all these views noone else appears to have had this happen to them
No, I don't have a solution, but guess I will try pausing it.

Is it just me or did the NFL shorten the time between plays I thought it used to be at least 45 seconds, no less than 40. Am I wrong about this? I have been wondering this since the season has started.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotatohead5
Its a horrid issue, and its anyformation when you motion a player, you should be able to hike with them in motion.

Its especially bad when its your first down on offense after possession change or first time offense out after kick/punt return, you are almost always screwed if you want to motion someone for any reason/
Well sometimes you can snap it with them in motion (and no, I don't mean the plays with the green lines on them either).

Why can you snap it sometimes while they're in motion and other times you can't? Does it depend on the formation?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

I turned off acc. clock, and play 8 minute qrtrs. Believe it or not, I'm actually getting somewhat realistic games like this. Plenty of time to move,audible,etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »