Home

Madden NFL 10 - My opinion is shocking

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 - My opinion is shocking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Madden NFL 10 - My opinion is shocking

I religiously play NFL 2K5(10) but when my friends come over we play Madden cause I consider it a party game. I played several games and I lose some and win some. Football is football, so I know the basic except the controls are different the "Triangle" is interception while swat is R1. It is opposite in NFL 2K which throws me off, but once I get the hang of it, I am set. But, enough with that.

My opinion of the game so far after playing several is that this game is good when playing a User opponent. There are several bugs in the game like a holding penalty he got when my friend ran up the field with Troy Smith and he didn't get any negative yards - still 1st and 10 but besides that I think I can actually enjoy this game. It is shocking because I am a die-hard NFL 2Ker.

Madden is just a video game and it has its flaws but not game killer (when playing a User) but if they can fix the AI or whatever and the IR in Franchise then I think Madden 11 can replace NFL 2K5. Also, Madden needs to go the customization route like Smackdown vs Raw 2010 is doing. Actually buyin SDvsRAW for the first time since 06.

Customization like I have the ability to make the Panthers uniforms green if I wanted to stuff like that would be insane for Madden. Edit Stadiums so you can set it up the way you want it. Customization is the key to a solid video game.

just throwin this out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 10 - My opinion is shocking

I guess I'm missing why any of this is shocking. Unless you're talking about changing the Panthers' unis to green, which would just be ugly, not shocking.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I guess I'm missing why any of this is shocking. Unless you're talking about changing the Panthers' unis to green, which would just be ugly, not shocking.
I dont understand why people would even want to do this..I am glad that option is not in the game.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
I dont understand why people would even want to do this..I am glad that option is not in the game.
Well, if gamers had more options to play around with -- like changing unis to a green color and so forth -- there'd be less chance someone would stumble upon all the various gameplay bugs and glitches. Definitely something for the development team to consider!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
I religiously play NFL 2K5(10) but when my friends come over we play Madden cause I consider it a party game. I played several games and I lose some and win some. Football is football, so I know the basic except the controls are different the "Triangle" is interception while swat is R1. It is opposite in NFL 2K which throws me off, but once I get the hang of it, I am set. But, enough with that.

My opinion of the game so far after playing several is that this game is good when playing a User opponent. There are several bugs in the game like a holding penalty he got when my friend ran up the field with Troy Smith and he didn't get any negative yards - still 1st and 10 but besides that I think I can actually enjoy this game. It is shocking because I am a die-hard NFL 2Ker.

Madden is just a video game and it has its flaws but not game killer (when playing a User) but if they can fix the AI or whatever and the IR in Franchise then I think Madden 11 can replace NFL 2K5. Also, Madden needs to go the customization route like Smackdown vs Raw 2010 is doing. Actually buyin SDvsRAW for the first time since 06.

Customization like I have the ability to make the Panthers uniforms green if I wanted to stuff like that would be insane for Madden. Edit Stadiums so you can set it up the way you want it. Customization is the key to a solid video game.

just throwin this out there.
All the customization in the world won't mean a hill of beans if the ratings are irrelevant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 27

I don't know about making the Panthers uni's green, but I agree 100% that more customization is needed. We got a little more this year, but a number of little nuances aren't there that games of the past had.

Weather needs a lot of attention. You can't even select your temperature...
Old 10-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Well, if gamers had more options to play around with -- like changing unis to a green color and so forth -- there'd be less chance someone would stumble upon all the various gameplay bugs and glitches. Definitely something for the development team to consider!
This is sarcasm, correct?
Old 10-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Yeah, that's good advice there. I suspected you were a shill for the company judging from your other posts and this one confirms it.

And here's a newsflash: No amount of options is going to prevent people from discovering this game's numerous flaws.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »