Home

Colts Users

This is a discussion on Colts Users within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Colts Users

i'm from Indy and use mostly exclusively the colts..

i like what they did this year with our playbook in actually having dallas clark in the slots in more of the formations... but i'm finding the offensive playbook a little boring...

what do all you colts users use as your PB?? i'm not looking for anything too crazy but i mean if you look at the Pats playbook and then look at indy's there is so much more variety and a little more to their PB...

are there any other playbooks that will still keep dallas in the slot without having to send in different packages, but there is a little more to them?

i also got stuck on multiple D defensive playbook cuz it was killer for me a year or so ago.. but it always makes me want to play 3-4 and i dont really want all my linebackers on the field like that all the time anymore haha seems like its harder to get away with just calling whatever sometimes..

what PB do all of you use for defense too???

Last edited by iRepDaNap; 10-16-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Colts Users

I just use the stock colts play books. Yeah the O is a little boring and recently I've been having trouble finding routes I like for some reason but you can still make things work. Clark like you said in the slot is killer and so is Reggie in the slot. Run game sucks, just like in real life. On D, I run some blitzes but mostly drop everyone back in a man 2 or cover 3. If they start killing me over the middle (they usually do) I just user Gary Bracket or Bob Sanders and take care of that problem.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I use Indy's playbook on offense and Chicago/Philly for D(4-6).
Indys playbook has nice quick audibles in sb like stretch/stretch PA that gives a unique feel.
NE playbook for example has not 1 stretch or stretch PA anywhere. My rule for Indy is to have at least a stretch/stretch PA. Saints and Broncos are good, good mix of unique plays and plays that are in Indy's PB too. My new favorite alternative is the Bills, they have some old plays that used to be in Indy's playbook, and enough of the same sets to have disguise if youre like me and you play the same people alot.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

in almost every playbook there's the option to use the R-Stick to find a TE Slot formation.

besides, you can also sub the TE into any formation manually.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
in almost every playbook there's the option to use the R-Stick to find a TE Slot formation.

besides, you can also sub the TE into any formation manually.
Yeah, I thought it was silly when you could do that all before. Every slot formation in the Colts playbook last year had a TE slot package. Worst part about the new set is you cant manually sub a WR in, it only lets you sub TE's, FB's and OT's in at slot. Odd really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

i have probably played about 95% of my games this year with the colts. The playbook is just fine to me. there are pass plays for every situation. the only downside is the run game. I used to be a run first madden player but you can't really do that with Indy. Addai seems to fumble 1.5 times a game (although his carry ratings is 89). and the line just does not block. I've found that i can run the power play out of singleback if I reverse the formation. for whatever reason the blocking is more consistent going to the left.

most of my running comes out of the weak formation and i've been known to rip off some pretty long runs out of this formation despite joe addai's complete lack of break away speed in this game.

i've spent a lot of time in practice mode learning which run plays actually work against which defensive formations.

I also run the multi D as the colts or horrendous tacklers and the 4-3 is just a terrible defense to run man coverage in madden 2010. the 3-4 puts my linebackers a step closer to the side line which helps with RBs out the flat.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:30 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon14 Re: Colts Users

Thx for responding every1!

I was messin around with it last night and was starting to like NE's offensive playbook. Except all the slot swings and screens which look pretty but there are only a couple I could get to work.. But I like the variety of the routes and the formations aren't so bad... But if what u said about the stretches and play actons are true, I didn't even notice but only messed around with it for a little while, I will definitly have to change my opinion on it maybe

I dunno Colts playbook just seems so boring!! Even their 5 wide There are only like 2 plays I will even run in that formation and I think it should be a little more deadly than it is... I dunno I'll keep looking but I'm sure I will end up just going back to the original playbook...

Thx for ur responses and I will be trying out some of the recomendations soon Thx

Last edited by iRepDaNap; 10-17-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 9

I am a big supporter of running with your favorite team, and using their actual playbooks. I do not believe a team should be able to run a different teams playbook effectively, and the fact you can is a testament to how non sim the game is in that aspect.

With that said, I have found it very difficult to run Indy's Playbook due to the accelerated clock. The Colts real life playbook is actually not that complicated. It is up to Peyton to make it effective at the line of scrimmage. Hence, I run Pittsburg's Playbook to take advantage of the off-balanced sets that I do not have time to create pre-snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »