Home

we're paying too much

This is a discussion on we're paying too much within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
we're paying too much

even gaming media such as 1up.com acknowledge this fact.

Super Street Fighter 4 Listed for $40, March 23

GameStop listing seemingly reveals the date and price of Capcom's Street Fighter 4 update.

By Kris Pigna, 10/17/2009 at 11:28

When Capcom announced that Super Street Fighter 4 would be a standalone game and not a downloadable update, they promised it wouldn't be full price. And if GameStop's recent listing is to be believe, that seems to be the case: MTV Multiplayer reports that the retailer has listed Super Street Fighter 4 for release on March 23 for $40.
Which begs the question: Is $40 as cheap as you were expecting? A March 23 release would put it at retail just over a year after Street Fighter 4's release back in February, and Capcom promises "roughly" eight new characters (including newcomer Juri and returning characters Dee Jay and T. Hawk), updated online functionality, rebalanced gameplay, and a mysterious "bonus" for people who already own Street Fighter 4. Whether that'll be enough new content to justify a $40 purchase will, in the end, be up to every individual owner of Street Fighter 4, but for perspective, keep in mind hundreds of thousands of Madden fans spend $60 dollars for a new addition in their franchise every year. And it should also be noted, of course, that Capcom has yet to confirm (or deny) that this price and date are official. But they've mentioned the game would be released in spring of 2010 before, so this sounds about right. Once we get any kind of confirmation, we'll pass it along.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: we're paying too much

$60 is not too much for a game that you'll spend 10-100 hours playing. If you spend just 10 hours playing Madden, then you've more than got your money's worth based on the amount that other forms of entertainment cost.

I don't understand why everyone things that $60 is some ridiculous amount of money to pay for something. I've seen this sentiment echoed elsewhere and don't understand it. $60 is relative chump change.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickohrn
$60 is not too much for a game that you'll spend 10-100 hours playing. If you spend just 10 hours playing Madden, then you've more than got your money's worth based on the amount that other forms of entertainment cost.

I don't understand why everyone things that $60 is some ridiculous amount of money to pay for something. I've seen this sentiment echoed elsewhere and don't understand it. $60 is relative chump change.
I agree completely. Movies in my area now go for $10.50 for about two hours of entertainment (many actually achieving no entertainment value whatsoever, but that's a different issue). When I buy a game, I typically am playing over 20 hours through the season, especially a sports title (which is most of what I buy).
Old 10-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Wrong Forum. This is going to cause issues here. You want to discuss game prices do it here http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nt-technology/ Closed.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!

Last edited by Jackdog; 10-19-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »