Home

Jets starting 58ovr rookie. C. Palmer backs up Brady in NE

This is a discussion on Jets starting 58ovr rookie. C. Palmer backs up Brady in NE within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #17

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Jets starting 58ovr rookie. C. Palmer backs up Brady in NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Oops, I meant Bush, when they had McAllister.
Bush's rookie contract made him the highest paid running back in the NFL though so that hardly helps the argument.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #18
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
This is what the Patriots do in real life LOL. They sign once great players who are getting old and resurrect there careers.

Junior Seau
Randy Moss
Wes Welker
Joey Galloway
Corey Dillon
Fred Taylor
Shawn Springs
Rodney Harrison

and more...
Wes Welker was never great before he was acquired by the Patriots. Promising, maybe, but not already great. He's also only 28 right now. I agree with the premise and most of the other names (except Harrison who was still in his prime when the Pats got him).
Old 10-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #19
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznaiders
your raider fanship has been revoked. please go away. garcia! really! fake calf injury! dude could never be a raider qb! me and the hole would kill him. if it looks like a horse and smells like a horse! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS! WHAT SIDE OF THE BAY DO YOU LIVE ON? RAIDER FAN?
So, you're happy with Russell and his whopping 45% completion percentage? Seriously? You need to lay off of whatever the heck you're smoking and not worry about my fanship.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #20
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

I think it's been suggested before but all you have to do is control all 32 teams in Franchise mode this will eliminate the stacking of players cause you can dictate where a player goes based on a teams need. This also comes in handy when drafting as well the CPU teams don't draft based on needs they just draft by who the best available is so with conrolling all 32 teams you can draft and sign free agents to all teams based on needs. It is a time consuming process but in the end is worth it. This also makes trades with draft picks easier as well (example would be the Braylon Edwards Trade)Hopefully this helps or makes sense.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

What was palmer's contract worth when he signed with the patriots?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznaiders
your raider fanship has been revoked. please go away. garcia! really! fake calf injury! dude could never be a raider qb! me and the hole would kill him. if it looks like a horse and smells like a horse! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS! WHAT SIDE OF THE BAY DO YOU LIVE ON? RAIDER FAN?
Wow these forums are funny.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #23
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6

Something like this had been said multiple times, but I think it really needs to be in the game:

The overall rating should not be determined immediately. If you have a good GM, he would alert you to certain players with big upside and potential, and players with bad attributes. Otherwise, if every GM knew that Tom Brady would be your franchise QB and bring you SB rings, he would have gone number one. Ryan Leaf would be drafted in the 7th round EARLIEST, if even at all. A la HC, where your rookie could start out with a low overall (Andre Woodson comes to mind) but then after training camp and preseason games, he come to a low 80s with a 90s potential. The rating should really be a mystery for 1-3 years, depending on how solid your GM is. That's just my two cents.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 5

It's much better than last year when the Patriots released Brady after the first season and went with O'Connell as their starter. Meanwhile, Brady sat in the FA pool unsigned for the remainder of his career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »