Home

Simming Rookie Contracts

This is a discussion on Simming Rookie Contracts within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Simming Rookie Contracts

I have gone with having the CPU sign all rookies for me instead of negotiating the contracts myself. Primarily for the guys taken in the first 3 rounds. I still do the contracts of the later round guys.

As has been said here before the CPU signs players to much more reasonable and realistic contracts. I tried to sign the #2 pick (a QB) last night and he wanted over 90 million over 6 years, I simmed it and the CPU signed him for 78 million over 6 years.

I LOVE that FA contracts are high and that re-signing players with high potential is costly, makes the game realistic. The rookie contracts however are ridiculous. Even non QB/DE/LT contracts are out of control in the 1st couple rounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Simming Rookie Contracts

Never thought about doing this but sounds like a good idea. I had a 1st round pick who was a 59 OVR and he wanted like 400K a year. Maybe it will work the opposite and make those kinda guys want more.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
Pro

I've only ever had to let the CPU sign my first round picks, and I've been able to sign a few of those. It's mainly guys in the top 15-20 picks that tend to want insane contracts, but outside the top 15 or so they're reasonable.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

It's only those first rounders that seem to be demanding really crazy contracts. Sometimes you'll find a 2nd or 3rd rounder too.

I sign the guys I can get for realistic contracts and then back out and set the CPU to sign contracts in the "Franchise Options" menu and sim the rest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »