Home

Franchise Peeps: Fair Trade?

This is a discussion on Franchise Peeps: Fair Trade? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Franchise Peeps: Fair Trade?

Simmed the 2009 season and started to remake the Eagles in my image. They went 7-9 and so I canned Reid and traded McNabb to the Vikes for the 29th overall pick.

I then took my pick (13th) and the 29th and threw in Mizzou star Jeremy Maclin (84 ovr w/A potential) to the needy Rams. So to recap I sent the 13th, 29th and a WR that immediately would become the Rams top receiving threat to the Rams for the #2 pick.

I got the stud QB I wanted
Spoiler
and the Rams got a stud QB to take over for Bulger in a year
Spoiler
plus Maclin and another pick.

I feel pretty good that it's realistic, but was wondering what ya'll think. I try to keep my franchise as realistic as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Franchise Peeps: Fair Trade?

I don't think it was too bad in terms of fairness. You did give up a lot, early-mid and a late number one pick, along with a young solid WR. The only threat on their team in the secondary is Avery, so another should help them out.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Seems like a very fair deal. You gave up a lot, but got your guy. Feels like the Eli Manning deal. If you didn't know the guy you drafted is supposed to be a clone of
Spoiler
. And the guy the Rams got is a clone of
Spoiler
Old 10-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
Seems like a very fair deal. You gave up a lot, but got your guy. Feels like the Eli Manning deal. If you didn't know the guy you drafted is supposed to be a clone of
Spoiler
. And the guy the Rams got is a clone of
Spoiler
Yeah, I have the Head Coach guide from last year that had all those guys bios listed and compared them to real players. It was so cool.

I HOPE they add little bios like that to first round prospects in next years Madden. I'd even pay for a "draft guide" as DLC!

That'd actually be a great use of pay for play DLC. If they made an eztensive draft guide with player bios for the 1st or 2nd rounders of each of the classes.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #5
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRock91
I don't think it was too bad in terms of fairness. You did give up a lot, early-mid and a late number one pick, along with a young solid WR. The only threat on their team in the secondary is Avery, so another should help them out.
I actually felt I gave up a little much, but figured I'd need to to convince the Rams to pass on taking
Spoiler
and settle on the QB that needed a little more time to develop,
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

Spoiler
is a stud. He turns into the nest Manning/Brady type of player. Good choice.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6

Yes I love that player you got, as I am a Broncos fan, I try to get him anytime I can lol!

That draft is LOADED with great skill position players (talking about a HB and WR that I'm sure all of you know), as well as a few stud LBs that repopulated my 3-4 lineup. Did you happen to try and offer a 2 or something instead of the 29th overall?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRock91
Yes I love that player you got, as I am a Broncos fan, I try to get him anytime I can lol!

That draft is LOADED with great skill position players (talking about a HB and WR that I'm sure all of you know), as well as a few stud LBs that repopulated my 3-4 lineup. Did you happen to try and offer a 2 or something instead of the 29th overall?

The offer I listed is the only one I made. I "control" all 32 teams for realism and so I just make trades to the other 31 teams that I think are fair. I run just one team but I like to have the option to tweak rosters and do trades and 1st round picks for the CPU.

I love that draft class too. I got
Spoiler
at OLB late, he is a STUD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »