Home

No Commentary!!!

This is a discussion on No Commentary!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: No Commentary!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z ROCKnROLLA z
I'm enjoying playing with the Chiefs, the progression of this team is very good!!!

I'm in season 3 and playing with 3-4 D using Ravens D, as I like to switch up and use the 46 scheme and then using Titans O playbook!!
Season 1 [simmed] 4-12, Season 2 10-6 lost in playoffs, Season 3 2-0

My team is beasty!!!

FS - J.Page SS - D.Lewis[R]

CB - A.Talib CB - B.Flowers

ROLB - S.Merriman MLB - D.Johnson MLB - L.Timmons LOLB - M.Simmons[1YP]

RE - G.Dorsey DT - A.Cole[R] LE - T.Jackson

My two rookies are both 88 OVR and Simmons was my 1st round pick the previous season and he is 90 OVR!!!

Cole was my 1st round pick and picked up D.Lewis in the 3rd round!!!
Looks pretty good. I remember trading for Talib last year in my franchise. He turned out to be a very good CB.

At the beginning of my first year I moved Jackson to DT and he turns into a 91 OVR (I simmed to the beginning of my 3rd year) to see what the players would progress into. There was one game when he had 5 or 6 sacks.

I am still not sure what position I need to draft though. I don't have a first round pick just my second and then quite a few 3rd and 4th rounders. One position I'm looking at is CB, even though I already have Flowers and Ross (traded for him from the Giants). I would still like one more shut-down corner. Should I go with that or maybe a better SS or FS? Which would be better to ultimately shutting down the pass: SS, FS, or CB?

Also, I need a good C. The rest of my offense is pretty stacked, especially after I traded for 3 of those offensive lineman that you suggested a while back. But, I am still using the same ole C and I think its time for an upgrade.

Last edited by ktipton87; 10-21-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
I tried without commentary, but the almost complete absence of the PA guy irritates me.
Yes! This is very frustrating. I turn the commentary volume down to zero because it's the worst every single year. However, previous versions have allowed me to do this and keep the PA announcer, which is quite useful.

I'm very hopeful that the terrible voice acting, and the way it's butchered together, get's a total re-work for next year. This is one of the most aggrivating part of every single madden. IMO, they've never gotten even passable audio.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktipton87
Looks pretty good. I remember trading for Talib last year in my franchise. He turned out to be a very good CB.

At the beginning of my first year I moved Jackson to DT and he turns into a 91 OVR (I simmed to the beginning of my 3rd year) to see what the players would progress into. There was one game when he had 5 or 6 sacks.

I am still not sure what position I need to draft though. I don't have a first round pick just my second and then quite a few 3rd and 4th rounders. One position I'm looking at is CB, even though I already have Flowers and Ross (traded for him from the Giants). I would still like one more shut-down corner. Should I go with that or maybe a better SS or FS? Which would be better to ultimately shutting down the pass: SS, FS, or CB?

Also, I need a good C. The rest of my offense is pretty stacked, especially after I traded for 3 of those offensive lineman that you suggested a while back. But, I am still using the same ole C and I think its time for an upgrade.
Talib is class, and yeah I put Jackson at DT the second year and put Hali at LE Hali progressed to 83 and his potential whent up to B grade.
But now I have Cole I switched Jackson back to LE!!

Well for me I'm gonna get a new FS, I like Page but he's to slow, so I am replacing him in the next draft!!

Who do you have at Safety's??? If you already have 2 top CB's then replace the safety's. I mainly wanted to sort out SS as he is effectively a CB and LB for my team, so D.Lewis was a god send, his atts are zone 88/man 86/pressing 90/awareness 84/speed 98/accel 98/tackling 90/shed block 82.
And a 3rd round pick...CPU is so stupid...I couldn't believe that I got him and Cole in the same draft!!!

As for a Center I still have Alleman, as he is progressing and is still young, but if i get the chance I will replace him, also look out for this guy Barry Richardson his now my Rt and in the mid 80's and progressing. So try get him if u can, he can also play Center and Guard.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #12
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah, I've been turning off commentary after a couple weeks since we entered the "Collinsworth Era". I love when he said that Stafford has been "getting it done year in and year out" bla bla bla..... I do play it for a bit to check out what's new, but I eventually turn it off, then ask myself why I didn't do that on day 1, lol
Old 10-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by z ROCKnROLLA z
Talib is class, and yeah I put Jackson at DT the second year and put Hali at LE Hali progressed to 83 and his potential whent up to B grade.
But now I have Cole I switched Jackson back to LE!!

Well for me I'm gonna get a new FS, I like Page but he's to slow, so I am replacing him in the next draft!!

Who do you have at Safety's??? If you already have 2 top CB's then replace the safety's. I mainly wanted to sort out SS as he is effectively a CB and LB for my team, so D.Lewis was a god send, his atts are zone 88/man 86/pressing 90/awareness 84/speed 98/accel 98/tackling 90/shed block 82.
And a 3rd round pick...CPU is so stupid...I couldn't believe that I got him and Cole in the same draft!!!

As for a Center I still have Alleman, as he is progressing and is still young, but if i get the chance I will replace him, also look out for this guy Barry Richardson his now my Rt and in the mid 80's and progressing. So try get him if u can, he can also play Center and Guard.
I just have Page and Pollard ( pollard is still on my team because I used an old roster). So, it looks like I will be replacing my safeties this off-season.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 AM   #14
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't know how you can do that. I get bored without commentary. One of the things I hate about NCAA is they don't play commentary for every game.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:52 AM   #15
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycast27
i often play without commentary just MUTE and my itunes!

like you the commentators get VERY repetitive and boring at times
+1
There's only so many times I can hear "Kyle Orton is not known for his accuracy", even if his season percentage is like 68% or something.
Plus, playing Madden to Metallica is major win
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #16
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRock91
+1
There's only so many times I can hear "Kyle Orton is not known for his accuracy", even if his season percentage is like 68% or something.
Plus, playing Madden to Metallica is major win
Well hearing them say that and that, on top of every QB's been getting it done for years just got me...as someone said before about the rookies Sanchez and Stafford...just stupid...I love hearing the crowd and what the players have to say...the PA dude also cracks me up!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »