Home

Will patch 2 address the cpu play calling/execution on offense at all?

This is a discussion on Will patch 2 address the cpu play calling/execution on offense at all? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Will patch 2 address the cpu play calling/execution on offense at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japinard
Is it because the AI rarely runs? If you're dong that well, you should adjust your play selection. Either go with All-Madden, or adjust the sliders to favor the AI (the sliders are actually backwards from what you'd think in some respects). You can make the AI much more competetive this way.

Honestly, the only problem I have with the AI is they don't run effectively enough.
All-Madden doesnt fix anything. the computer will still pass on 3rd and 2. also they will not ever go for it if its 4th and inches. older maddens they would. They dumbed this madden down for casual gamers. Thats y ppl can destroy A.I. on All-Madden.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #10
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

the only way to sort the run is to control all teams in franchise and adjust every teams settings...I know its a pain in the bajesus but I do it and they seem to run the ball more my most recent match against the Giants, I'm The Chiefs by the way!!! Jacobs ran 21 times for 99 yards, the game before that the Eagles, Westbrook 15 for 121 yards, Mccoy 7 for 42 and Mcnabb 4 for 7.

Those results are with my sliders and adjusted team schemes, the simmed stats on other teams are great too!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #11
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Yup, what the guy above me said.

Its a pain when setting up the franchise, but its worth it.

Though it still doesnt make the CPU run inside the 10. Ever.

EDIT: What they should do is hire some geeks from this forum to test the game, and we'd be all set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #12
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

OVR: 6

It's the Andy Reid affect. All teams unlocks his profile once inside the 10 yard line.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #13
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Yup, what the guy above me said.

Its a pain when setting up the franchise, but its worth it.

Though it still doesnt make the CPU run inside the 10. Ever.

EDIT: What they should do is hire some geeks from this forum to test the game, and we'd be all set.
I didn't ever notice that teams don't run once in the 10 yard line, I've seen teams trying to pound the ball in a few times and u just blitz b them which forces them to kick a field goal....oh and they then get a false start to give the kicker more room and a better angle!!!

I've seen this countless amount of times so I don't know what's happening with u guys!!

Old 10-22-2009, 11:50 PM   #14
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Judging by the responses I guess nobody has heard anything about patch 2 addressing the cpu play calling and execution of plays then.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
OMG, how many times have you played a team and know their stregnth is the run so you get ready to key in on that and they start flinging it everywhere. I dont mean in a sneaky, caught you off gaurd way, I mean in a totally not the identity of this team kind of way. I hate that, I rarely see a team play the way they are supposed to, they all play the same in a way.
You have to set your franchise so that you are controlling all 32 teams and then you can go in and change the coaching sliders. Go in and look at the sliders as they are in default. Most of the teams have very similar playcalling styles on offense and defense in default mode. That is why most teams will blitz the hell out of you a majority of the time even if they don't in real life. Go to the sliders forum and look around. There are posts on there that will show you how teams coaching sliders should be set up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #16
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

CPU QB's are way too good. I had Seneca Wallace destroy me not missing a pass his first drive. He ended up going 20-25 with 3TDs about 250 yards, that's way too good for how good he is, how good his line was, and how good his WR's were (Not to mention that I had a pretty good defense). CPU's need to take better advantage of the strengths of their team rather then just being allowed to throw all over you with a terrible QB and not run with their star RB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »