Home

What is a good 4 -3 blitzing defense?

This is a discussion on What is a good 4 -3 blitzing defense? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
What is a good 4 -3 blitzing defense?

Sine we all know the 3-4 is pretty much worthless I am just given up trying to run it as its simply to much hassle.

I ran Pitts 3-4 scheme since launch and although I good some good pressure on the opposing team it took a tremendous amount of user skill to run it with any success.

Tip: If you want the 3-4 to work you must be able to play man coverage against every positions. Yeah, that means all of you, "I play as the LE/DE will never get any pressure.

Anyway, I am now switching to the standard everyday boring 4-3 defense. Where is a good place to start? I thought the Titans play book should be good.....but I would like some input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: What is a good 4 -3 blitzing defense?

Maybe the Eagles Playbook?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Every playbook is largely the same, with plays in different order. As long as the base defense is what you want to run, the different books aren't going to vary much.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

If your referring to playbooks, as the previous poster said, they are all pretty much the same. I'd recommend manually creating your blitzs by hot routing LBs (if you want to shoot gaps or whatever).

If you want sell-out style pressure that will net you a sacks fairly consistently in the 4-3, I recommend coming out in cover 2 man, hot routing all your LB to blitz, and putting your MLB and OLB in one of the A gaps, putting your other OLB in one of the B gaps, slanting your d-line towards the stronger side of the formation (towards a TE) and manually shooting the A gap with the MLB.

You will be burned by quick passes to the TE or FB, but you can force a bad throw or net a sack more often than not if you use it only occasionally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »