Home

Will patch 2 address the cpu play calling/execution on offense at all?

This is a discussion on Will patch 2 address the cpu play calling/execution on offense at all? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Will patch 2 address the cpu play calling/execution on offense at all?

I read that patch 2 will help both teams defending the short pass which is good to hear, but does anybody know if they are going to fix the cpu's offense? I am not a great Madden gamer but even with the sliders heavily in the cpu's favor they rarely seem to score on me. The cpu has poor play calling and even worse play execution (their players simply play stupid and it prevents them from scoring). I am tired of winning (I think I am 33-1 against the cpu).

So, will this be addressed in patch 2, or should I sell it now and get whatever money I can for it and go back to the older ps2 versions for my football fix?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Will patch 2 address the cpu play calling/execution on offense at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I read that patch 2 will help both teams defending the short pass which is good to hear, but does anybody know if they are going to fix the cpu's offense? I am not a great Madden gamer but even with the sliders heavily in the cpu's favor they rarely seem to score on me. The cpu has poor play calling and even worse play execution (their players simply play stupid and it prevents them from scoring). I am tired of winning (I think I am 33-1 against the cpu).

So, will this be addressed in patch 2, or should I sell it now and get whatever money I can for it and go back to the older ps2 versions for my football fix?
Is it because the AI rarely runs? If you're dong that well, you should adjust your play selection. Either go with All-Madden, or adjust the sliders to favor the AI (the sliders are actually backwards from what you'd think in some respects). You can make the AI much more competetive this way.

Honestly, the only problem I have with the AI is they don't run effectively enough.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by japinard
Is it because the AI rarely runs? If you're dong that well, you should adjust your play selection. Either go with All-Madden, or adjust the sliders to favor the AI (the sliders are actually backwards from what you'd think in some respects). You can make the AI much more competetive this way.

Honestly, the only problem I have with the AI is they don't run effectively enough.
I think the CPU over blitzing is a major play calling flaw.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

CPU never runs inside the 10 yard line either. I think the playcalling is garbage. The whole topic about if the vikings ran the ball 62% of the time on 1st down u will see the madden vikings do that. Its a crock of crap lie to me personally. + Why do all the teams pass exclusively inside the 10 let alone in general.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 10-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
CPU never runs inside the 10 yard line either. I think the playcalling is garbage. The whole topic about if the vikings ran the ball 62% of the time on 1st down u will see the madden vikings do that. Its a crock of crap lie to me personally. + Why do all the teams pass exclusively inside the 10 let alone in general.
I noticed that last night too. Playing the Bears and Cutler threw 3 times inside the 5 before they kicked a field goal.

You'd think with one of the best young backs in the league, the Bears would try running once, but apparently not. Especially since Forte was gashing me for 8 yards every time he touched the ball.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
You know what though, teams in the NFL seem to run less and less inside the 10 these days anyways. I swear, teams will pass on the 3 yard line more than ever these days.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
OMG, how many times have you played a team and know their stregnth is the run so you get ready to key in on that and they start flinging it everywhere. I dont mean in a sneaky, caught you off gaurd way, I mean in a totally not the identity of this team kind of way. I hate that, I rarely see a team play the way they are supposed to, they all play the same in a way.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
You know what though, teams in the NFL seem to run less and less inside the 10 these days anyways. I swear, teams will pass on the 3 yard line more than ever these days.
yeah on 3rd down or when they've been previously stopped. Trust me, inside the 5 yard line, even the saint's run. Just look at last week's game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »