Home

Pancakes work! Co-Op only

This is a discussion on Pancakes work! Co-Op only within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Pancakes work! Co-Op only

My buddy and I have been playing a franchise together.
I use contoller 2 and let him play the qb and call the plays, make the adjustments, etc.
I started off just using the backs and Wr's but recently I started blocking and letting him pass and run. All I do is make sure I'm using a lineman thats headup over a D-lineman and R3 up(hitstick) w/ turbo and whats crazy is sometimes I get 3 pancakes on 1 play.
Try it and I promise you will have your O-line in the probowl, just switch off to different lineman throughout the game.

Now my gripe is, how come the cpu a.i. can't do this really at all?

How come I have to be the one to get the pancakes myself and the rest of the O-line is just there, not really making an impact.

So Ian Cummings and co. please tell me this will be fixed asap. Thanks in advance Tiburon team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

Re: Pancakes work! Co-Op only

Thats great that you can do it in co-op, but seriously they just need to take it outta the game. It's never worked, they should just figure out pro-bowl by number of snaps the lineman has played in and make that work in correlation with # of sacks given up. That would work for pro bowl votes.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Banned

dfos81's Arena

To add to this, I also have achieved double and triple pancakes on the same defender.

Its crazy! I pancake them, they bounce right back up like some Matrix Sheit, and then I pancake them again! I've actually had this happen a few times per game. Sometimes they bounce back up 2 or 3 times, and that gives me 2 or 3 pancakes in row!

Ian and Co. please fix these issues asap. Thanks in advance once again.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Banned

dfos81's Arena

How could Tiburon not be aware of the pancakes issues?
Old 10-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
My buddy and I have been playing a franchise together.
I use contoller 2 and let him play the qb and call the plays, make the adjustments, etc.
I started off just using the backs and Wr's but recently I started blocking and letting him pass and run. All I do is make sure I'm using a lineman thats headup over a D-lineman and R3 up(hitstick) w/ turbo and whats crazy is sometimes I get 3 pancakes on 1 play.
Try it and I promise you will have your O-line in the probowl, just switch off to different lineman throughout the game.

Now my gripe is, how come the cpu a.i. can't do this really at all?

How come I have to be the one to get the pancakes myself and the rest of the O-line is just there, not really making an impact.

So Ian Cummings and co. please tell me this will be fixed asap. Thanks in advance Tiburon team.
I guess ultimately its a lack of programming but the game would have to calculate:
the effectiveness of the blocker (his numerous block related ratings) + awr to know when/if he should commit to it
vs
the ratings of the defender (his various block related ratings) + awr to be able to deal with the onslaught and if he can beat it I guess and then still factor in what kind of play it is

from all that I wonder how well the hardware is able to deal with this processing in the middle of everything that goes on during a play and what would happen when the logic gets all wonky. since you cant assign help on certain guys or something it would create even more imbalance when a offensive lineman is just overmatched.

there really isnt any interactions in the game that require quite so much consideration I think...passing/catching/running is more of a straight-line thing...if they could get this right, hooo baby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
I guess ultimately its a lack of programming but the game would have to calculate:
the effectiveness of the blocker (his numerous block related ratings) + awr to know when/if he should commit to it
vs
the ratings of the defender (his various block related ratings) + awr to be able to deal with the onslaught and if he can beat it I guess and then still factor in what kind of play it is

from all that I wonder how well the hardware is able to deal with this processing in the middle of everything that goes on during a play and what would happen when the logic gets all wonky. since you cant assign help on certain guys or something it would create even more imbalance when a offensive lineman is just overmatched.

there really isnt any interactions in the game that require quite so much consideration I think...passing/catching/running is more of a straight-line thing...if they could get this right, hooo baby
Lack of programming or lack of programmers competence. Maybe neither, maybe its 360/dvds. IDK!

I do know that Madden is scaled back just to work on multiple platforms.
Back to the point though, fix simple things 1st.

I don't care how many pancakes players get. Thats not even an official NFL stat, So why is it in the game?
Just fix the animations.
Pro tak should be able to produce realistic looking pancake animations.
So I guess it all falls back on the programing/programmers or lack there of. So I agree w/ you 100%
Old 10-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

I love doing this in co-op games...I wish Madden would have had the foresight to include an online co-op franchise capability.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
How could Tiburon not be aware of the pancakes issues?
Maybe they need to see it not work in Madden for another 10 years before they figure it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »