Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #57
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

I'm in year 3 of my franchise with the Cowboys. One thing I've been doing to make the Rookie classes seem more dynamic and real is to rename the better Rookies (all with 80+ OVRs).

For instance, say the Cowboys draft a pocket passing, accurate, white QB, instead of having him with an in-game generated name, I rename him to a player of NFL past. I got this idea from playing APF2K8 and having to come up with names for NFL HOF'ers who didn't have their names in the database. In this case I renamed the guy Roy Aiken and gave him Troy Aikman's bio (#, hometown, updated equipment, etc). Years into the season and I can recognize players for who and what they are. I will know that Demond Saunders (Deion Sanders) is a shut-down CB, Craig Lloyd (Greg Lloyd) is a rangy, fast LB, Torrance Sayler (Lawrence Taylor) is a beast rushing OLB, Rodney Lott (Ronnie Lott) is a big-hit Safety and so forth. This really gave my franchise players a sense of having a real identity.

Also, i was wanting to switch teams. Is there any way to do so in M10 offline Franchise? I've been looking under every menu during the season & offseason.

Last edited by elgreazy1; 10-24-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

i've gone 19-0 twice. jamarcus russell got all the way up to......a rating of 85.

oooooooo

LMAO

traded him, zach miller (ovr 93), chaz schillens (ovr 96), some linemen and a bunch of draft picks to get the picks required to get the created players from my NCAA 10 dynasty. now i'm in the market for a good tight end.

but i play on like my skill, with run and run defense on 15, pass on 14, and pass defense on 12.

yea, i suck and i smell like gouda.

LOL.

but i'm having a good time.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Also, i was wanting to switch teams. Is there any way to do so in M10 offline Franchise? I've been looking under every menu during the season & offseason.
i haven't seen it yet. between this and being able to press individual receivers, i'm rather disappointed.

oh yea, does anyone know how to walk up your safeties to line them up over the receivers they're covering?
Old 10-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 36

Okay so I'm starting a coaching legacy dynasty. Where I start off as the Bills but will eventually switch teams in the future. (If you want to know how to do this I have a thread about this.)

First game is against the Pats. As usual Welker murders me for about 236 yards. I love T.O. in this game, he's extremely realistic. He dropped 3 easy passes for me, but still got 4 receptions, 92 yards. Lynch had 23 carries, 96 yards. So it's the end of the game down 24-17, and I have the ball at my own 20. I drove down field with spectacular plays. An amazing screen play to Fred Jackson for 26 yards on 3rd and 25. Another pass to Fred Jackson on 4th and 10 which just barely moved the chains. So I get to the 5 yard line with 13 seconds left. The Pats send everyone except their two safeties. I'm thinking I have an easy TD, when Brandon Merriweather dives and makes a spectacular INT, BUT is tackled at the 1 yard line.

I am furious of Edward's bad pass, but I'm thinking a possible safety, and I have a chance with a Hail Mary or lateral play. Unfortunately, Taylor ran for about 5 yards, but then he FUMBLED. The ball fell into the endzone, and in a fight for the fumble, I got it in the endzone to tie it up!!! Then I wanted to go for 2, but after they called a timeout I decided not to.

In OT, Brady found Moss for a 30 yard play that set up a FG to win it. Still, this was one of the greatest games I've ever played. Can't wait to play all the games with this team. I'm thinking i can get to 9-7.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtertmp
6 fumbles lost in one game? And you kept giving him the ball after the first 2-3?
Obviously there's something wrong with the game if he's fumbling THAT much. And Yes, I'm covering the ball before I get hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 18

I am in the 5th year of a franchise with the Browns and it has been awesome rebuilding them. I used the draft to rebuild as well as stick with our core vets. I finally won the Superbowl luckily in at the end of my 4th year.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Don't have time to play offline play online too much
Old 10-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #64
Rookie

Bigman815's Arena

OVR: 5

In The 3rd Season With The Chiefs.

Simmed Season 1. Go 1-15.

The Moves I Made In The Offseason, I Do Not Remember. But I DID Draft A Excellent Sleeper Pick In The 6 Round
Spoiler
Excellent OLB

Season 2. Started GREAT. Went like 6-2. Decided To Sim The Rest of the Season. Ended 8-8.

Season 3. Currently 3-1, I Love The Team I Have. Cassel To Bowe = Success. LJ May Be Gone After While. Jammal Charles Has Performed Well In Every Game He's Played. Only Concern This Season Is Trying To Re-Sign Brandon Flowers Who Wants BANK.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »