Home

Ian Cummings interview in GameInformer Magazine (November)

This is a discussion on Ian Cummings interview in GameInformer Magazine (November) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 01:34 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Ian Cummings interview in GameInformer Magazine (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
That is a huge part of the problem. Instead of taking the game and tuning it up and fixing it, they add all these new bells and whistles. I would love for Madden 11 to just be an improved version of everything wrong with Madden 10.
I would LOVE that too. Hell I would like it if they just put in the things that were promised to us in Madden 10 like stadium specific sounds, like J-E-T-S! Or WR actually TRIED to stay in bounds!

Also, it seems Ian is oblivious to a lot of the problems in Madden like the LB being a HUGE part of the int and pass knockdowns. How can you not realize this?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 AM   #10
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
That is a huge part of the problem. Instead of taking the game and tuning it up and fixing it, they add all these new bells and whistles. I would love for Madden 11 to just be an improved version of everything wrong with Madden 10.
I strongly disagree! I feel like there is no fluff in Madden 10. Are there flaws ofcourse but if there where bells and whistles added they were well needed.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:38 AM   #11
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I would LOVE that too. Hell I would like it if they just put in the things that were promised to us in Madden 10 like stadium specific sounds, like J-E-T-S! Or WR actually TRIED to stay in bounds!

Also, it seems Ian is oblivious to a lot of the problems in Madden like the LB being a HUGE part of the int and pass knockdowns. How can you not realize this?
Yea especially whenever I play zone defense. INT's all day. And if I switch it up to man they always get burned by TE's and RB's out of the backfield.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 05:38 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

there's problems with the game but GI questions were weak in comparison to loads of other issues
Old 10-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Game Informer does a weekly piece with Developers of games that pretty much grill them. This was nothing though, the Farcry 2 piece really pointed out some of the obvious flaws with the game.
Which flaws? The fact that the game is so bad online that it is literally unplayable? lol

Quote:
GI: Why can't I handle substitution packages in between games in franchise or online franchise mode? It's a pain moving a WR into the slot for each 3WR set while keeping him in the 2WR sets when the playcall clock is ticking.

IC: This has been requested before, but as always, it comes down to priorities due to the short development cycle. We'll continue to explore adding this in the future.
If this isn't a cry for a two year development cycle, I don't know what is.

Don't say it would hurt something - look how many people still play COD 4 or APF and 2K5.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlratatat
IC: CPU playcalling uses a mixture of real life data and adaptive AI. A team like the Panthers will start out with it's play calling percentages exactly mirroring real life. If they are really not succeeding in the run, they will try to mix it up more. Personally, I've seen many posts talking about how they love the fact that teams stick with the run even when they are down, more so than ever before, so I don't exactly know how widespread the above issue is that you mention.

I'd love to see these posts.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Which flaws? The fact that the game is so bad online that it is literally unplayable? lol

Don't say it would hurt something - look how many people still play COD 4 or APF and 2K5.

I agree..or at the very least, pushing back release maybe a month or two.

There is no reason for this game to be released the 2nd week of August.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30

There are VERY few people playing APF and 2K5 - very few. COD4 is a better example, but I think the reason it works for COD is there are two development teams alternating on Call of Duty. That'd be an interesting approach, as I think the problem isn't the time length but Tiburon itself. It's not like the development schedule is any shorter than it is for any other yearly sports game developer.

I also like the idea of pushing the release date back a few weeks to late August. With no competition there's really not much reason not to move it back but it won't happen. Fans bear some of the brunt of the blame also, because most people act like they have no self control and will run out and purchase the game the minute it's released.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »