Home

Saints Def. Package

This is a discussion on Saints Def. Package within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Saints Def. Package

I thought EA would have made some adjustments to the Saints Defensive package but I guess not. The Saints still have the same D playbook that was under Gary Gibbs. Greg Williams has really come in and made a difference. He uses multiple packages on offense. In 6 weeks, I've seen our traditional 4-3 package, 4-6 3-4, 3-4 elephant (puts a defensive end as a strong side LB), Base Nickel, 2-4-5 Nickel, 3-3-5 Nickel, and even a 1-5-5 package with a DE line front. Most of these packages aren't in the saints D playbook. I tried Jax playbook (Greg Williams wad the DC at Jax last year) and still not enough playbooks. I finallly switched to the Multiple D playbook and I've had a lot of success.

Hopefully next year EA will change the D playbook. Has anyone else noticed that your D playbook didn't change even though your DC did?

One more thing. I finished my first offline franchise with the Saints (16-0) and now I have to hire coaching staff members. I think that when you hire a new OC or DC something in your playbook should be added. Why even hire an OC or DC if they don't bring anything new to the team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Saints Def. Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphleks
I thought EA would have made some adjustments to the Saints Defensive package but I guess not. The Saints still have the same D playbook that was under Gary Gibbs. Greg Williams has really come in and made a difference. He uses multiple packages on offense. In 6 weeks, I've seen our traditional 4-3 package, 4-6 3-4, 3-4 elephant (puts a defensive end as a strong side LB), Base Nickel, 2-4-5 Nickel, 3-3-5 Nickel, and even a 1-5-5 package with a DE line front. Most of these packages aren't in the saints D playbook. I tried Jax playbook (Greg Williams wad the DC at Jax last year) and still not enough playbooks. I finallly switched to the Multiple D playbook and I've had a lot of success.

Hopefully next year EA will change the D playbook. Has anyone else noticed that your D playbook didn't change even though your DC did?

One more thing. I finished my first offline franchise with the Saints (16-0) and now I have to hire coaching staff members. I think that when you hire a new OC or DC something in your playbook should be added. Why even hire an OC or DC if they don't bring anything new to the team?

EA doesn't update playbooks during the season.

I believe the Cardinals playbook has the 4-3, 3-4 and the Predator formation.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Saints Def. Package

Every year I come into Madden anticipating what's gonna be added to the defensive playbooks since the offense seems to get new wrinkles every year and not much has really changed. They've added the 4-4 split and Nickel Odd Split but there hasn't been that quantum leap yet.

The Bills for instance still have about the stalest of defensive playbooks even though they've been known to run the Sugar Rush with 4 DEs standing up at the line of scrimmage.

I'm starting to think that every team's playbook should be stocked with 4-3, 46, 3-4, Bear, every Nickel formation, etc. and let the players decide what style they want to employ since that's the way defense really is in the NFL. Hey, look at the Pats. The quintessential 3-4 team has shown at lot of base 4-3 this year and Jack Del Rio has up and changed the Jags to a full on 3-4 team this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »