Home

Madden plays differently on different TV's

This is a discussion on Madden plays differently on different TV's within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Madden plays differently on different TV's

Ok so call me crazy but I have found that on a flatscreen tv type of tv Madden plays much faster than on an older tube type of tv. Has anyone else noticed this?

When I went from playing on my flatpanel to my old tv it felt much slower and realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Madden plays differently on different TV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
Ok so call me crazy but I have found that on a flatscreen tv type of tv Madden plays much faster than on an older tube type of tv. Has anyone else noticed this?

When I went from playing on my flatpanel to my old tv it felt much slower and realistic.
Its probably because the flat panel tv is running in progressive mode while the tube tv is running in interlaced mode. Progressive means its rendering the frames fully in a single sweep as in 60 frames while interlaced is splitting each video frame into two sequential fields as in 30 frames . Progressive tends to give the human eye the feeling of smoothness and cleaner flow in moving objects on the screen. This is probably what your noticing...i doubt very much that the actual game has anything to do with this. Although maybe the type of connection your using on the tube vs the flat panel has something to do with it as well.. certain video connections (composite, component,hdmi,etc) allow more bandwidth then others.

This is also why 1080p is smoother and looks better to the eye then say 1080i... i = interlaced while p = progressive ..just incase you didnt know

Moe

Last edited by Moegames; 10-23-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Its probably because the flat panel tv is running in progressive mode while the tube tv is running in interlaced mode. Progressive means its rendering the frames fully in a single sweep as in 60 frames while interlaced is splitting each video frame into two sequential fields as in 30 frames . Progressive tends to give the human eye the feeling of smoothness and cleaner flow in moving objects on the screen. This is probably what your noticing...i doubt very much that the actual game has anything to do with this. Although maybe the type of connection your using on the tube vs the flat panel has something to do with it as well.. certain video connections (composite, component,hdmi,etc) allow more bandwidth then others.

This is also why 1080p is smoother and looks better to the eye then say 1080i... i = interlaced while p = progressive ..just incase you didnt know

Moe
Or, more realistically, he had it set on fast when he'd been playing on the flat panel, and set it back to default, possibly on accident, when he switched TVs.

Most people can't even tell the difference between 1080i or 1080p, and even if you can, it's not going to make the game "slower".
Old 10-23-2009, 10:17 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

This is nothing new. Games play differently on other TV's... especially shooting games. Try and play Call of Duty or Halo on a tube tv.. then play it on a 50 inch Plasma... you'll notice a huge difference.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4
Lightbulb Re: Madden plays differently on different TV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMeridian
I have found that on a flatscreen tv type of tv Madden plays much faster than on an older tube type of tv.
I'm confused. A flat screen is a tube tv.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Thanks for the replies. I've always played it on slow so that hasn't changed.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:05 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 28

I noticed this with The Show. I tried to play a game on my dad's large screen that had rear projection. Not only was the game not in HD or in wide screen, it played at a different pace...

I also noticed this with NCAA Baseball. I played this on the 360 (backwards compat) on my 50" and the timing of my swing was way off....
Old 10-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames

Moe
thank you good sir, i've always wanted to know the difference between i/p but was too lazy to google or ask why lol
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#[email protected] DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »