Home

The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game

This is a discussion on The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: The More I Play, The More I Am Loving This Game

I'm finding myself playing Madden still over NBA 2k10 and Fifa 10, no doubt that will change eventually but this time last year that certainly wasn't the case.

The game is good fun, I haven't even got round to playing with sliders to get that extra bit out of the game.

Much much improved game over 09 even with it's annoyances.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
I The thing I like is that the game picks up tendencies. I like to sweep to one side but before I snap the ball, I send the receiver on the side I am running to in motion. The AI picked this up after a few times and started to shift the defense to that side as soon as it was recognized the WR was in motion.
I agree, the AI definitely picks up on tendancies. I, too, like to put players in motion (usually a 2nd or 3rd tight end) on power running plays to get an extra blocker at the point of attack. When I first started doing this a few weeks ago, I was killing the CPU (using DB's custom sliders), but now the technique is much less successful. I can still run the ball well (using the Falcons/Turner), but the CPU is now much quicker to put 8 in the box to stop my running game. I have to be able to pass the ball effectively to keep it going.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #11
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Anytime you have to implement house rules in order to enjoy a game, there's a problem. The more I played madden 10, the more I hated it because I saw it for what it really was, which is a very poor effort.

The only time stars stand out is if they're a running back, or a QB. Every other player is interchangable ; that's makes the franchise mode a waste of time. The devs didn't spend that much time on franchise anyway.
Every football game ever made be it previous Maddens or the 2k series or Apf you had to make House rules. There are exploits in every game if you choose to use them. If you are looking for the perfect game keep looking cause you are never gonna find it....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Did you just start playing madden 10? Cause the more I play the more I see bugs and glitches, so I stopped playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Anytime you have to implement house rules in order to enjoy a game, there's a problem. The more I played madden 10, the more I hated it because I saw it for what it really was, which is a very poor effort.

The only time stars stand out is if they're a running back, or a QB. Every other player is interchangable ; that's makes the franchise mode a waste of time. The devs didn't spend that much time on franchise anyway.
Well....who didn't see this coming.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #13
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

^ I Know, but this is OS where positive threads are not allowed.....lol
Old 10-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've been glued to this game since its release. Besides playing Battlfield 1943 and Trials for xbla, Madden is the only retail game that I can get into. I tried playing CoD yesterday, and my timing was really bad because of how much Madden I've been playing.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #15
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well....who didn't see this coming.
I was just about to say the same thing. What happened to him coming back at the Superbowl. At least that way there would be one less person, constantly complaining. Over 600 posts in less then 2 months....THAT'S A LOT OF COMPLAINING!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #16
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I dont see how people dont see the huge upgrade 10 is over 09. Like previously mentioned no game will be prefect but this game is much improved and I didnt have to work hard to see these improvements.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »