Home

Madden 10 sales are weak this year is that alarming to EA?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 sales are weak this year is that alarming to EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Madden 10 sales are weak this year is that alarming to EA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersbball20
I read in some articles that this is not a fear at all, and they are expecting the sales to be up again next year for Madden 11
I heard that they are planning to put in a fully functional franchise mode next year... or the year after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #26
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddcp
I just had to chime in as an adult on this one. Sales for EVERYTHING are down this year. Whether it be for cars, dolls, rice, cookies, or Madden. There is nothing and no industry that has not been effected. Honestly, the only people I've heard complaining about this year's game are the people on this site.

One other thing, why is it that 2k can release a game (NBA2k10) that has a patch list as long as a Harry Potter book and half the people on this site seem to be ok with it, but if Madden did the same thing everyone on here would be screaming bloody murder.

Or if Madden's Online Franchise didn't work as advertised because no one could get on the servers you people would be going nuts and writing petitions and all that, but 2k does it and noone get upset. I sometimes wonder if a lot of 2k employees are the main posters on this website.
Madden's online franchise doesn't work. The website doesnt really show stats like they said it would, there is no limit to picking up playings, no caps, no contracts, it's basically a shell but better than last years league attempt.

I can honestly say half of my friends just don't bother with madden at all this year. I'm the only one of the group who just has to play a nfl game with todays players because Im such an avid fan.

I also didn't play 2k football until 2 weeks ago--my frustration with madden drove me to it. Don't think every disgruntled person is a 2k guy with an agenda, there are plenty of one time EA fanboys like me that can't stand the game.

Finally, sales are down on everything this is true, but I promise this Christmas season will still have a must have toy/game on everyone's list and I doubt Madden will be it for many like it has in the past.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:

One other thing, why is it that 2k can release a game (NBA2k10) that has a patch list as long as a Harry Potter book and half the people on this site seem to be ok with it, but if Madden did the same thing everyone on here would be screaming bloody murder.

Hehe, there was a thread that was locked actually PRAISING 2k for fixing soo many issues sooo quickly.

SMH..........
Old 10-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Honestly, the only people I've heard complaining about this year's game are the people on this site.
How can I trust your judgment on anything else (much less more serious issues like our economy) after that statement?

Sure the economy is hurting but its apparent the entertainment industry isnt feeling the same heat as other markets. Video games perhaps more than any other form of entertainment bring a replay value.

How many DVD's do buy and then watch every day?

If COD2 sales drop, then I will side with the economy theory. Until I see that I will assume putting out a essentially the same core game with flaws each year is responsible for a sales drop.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #29
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Except for PS3 M10 buyers, they are up . Whats up w/ that?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #30
MVP

It could be the economy, but it could also be that the word is spreading that Madden is quite a flawed game. You have people posting videos of glitches on You Tube, message boards such as these, general word of mouth, etc. I know a few people who don't buy Madden anymore because in their own words, "It's just not as much fun as it used to be. Too many things about the game annoy me nowadays." And they buy plenty of other games, so you can't say that their reasons for not buying Madden are financially-based.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 10-24-2009, 10:44 PM   #31
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
It could be the economy, but it could also be that the word is spreading that Madden is quite a flawed game. You have people posting videos of glitches on You Tube, message boards such as these, general word of mouth, etc. I know a few people who don't buy Madden anymore because in their own words, "It's just not as much fun as it used to be. Too many things about the game annoy me nowadays." And they buy plenty of other games, so you can't say that their reasons for not buying Madden are financially-based.
How do you guys explain the PS3 M10 sales being up then? Just asking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 10:54 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
How do you guys explain the PS3 M10 sales being up then? Just asking.
Couldn't tell you, man. Maybe it coincides with recently improved PS3 console sales? If you're a football fan who just purchased a PS3, it's probably a natural that you'd pick up a football game to go with it. Just speculating of course.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »