Home

Offline Franchise... Any tips?

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise... Any tips? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
MVP
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Blog Entries: 69
Offline Franchise... Any tips?

hey guys,

me and 5 friends are about to embark on our annual madden franchise, to go along with our NCAA dynasty...
We have waited until almost November, because we were waiting for the patch, but, since it seems like its not coming out until late November, we don't feel like waiting any longer...

I am asking anyone, for any tips... Or anything they do to make the game more real/fun/ect...

what sliders do you recommend? we are all veteran madden/NCAA players... we probably fit into that group that thinks all pro gets too easy, yet all madden is too unreal and hard... any suggestions would be appreciated...

any house rules?
control all 32 teams?
how to manage cap correctly?

any other known issues that we should be looking out for?

thanks, for your help...
__________________
Follow me on Twitter @DailyRotoSharks

psn - CeeGee
cgalligan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jan 2005
Re: Offline Franchise... Any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
hey guys,

me and 5 friends are about to embark on our annual madden franchise, to go along with our NCAA dynasty...
We have waited until almost November, because we were waiting for the patch, but, since it seems like its not coming out until late November, we don't feel like waiting any longer...

I am asking anyone, for any tips... Or anything they do to make the game more real/fun/ect...

what sliders do you recommend? we are all veteran madden/NCAA players... we probably fit into that group that thinks all pro gets too easy, yet all madden is too unreal and hard... any suggestions would be appreciated...

any house rules?
control all 32 teams?
how to manage cap correctly?

any other known issues that we should be looking out for?

thanks, for your help...
In terms of sliders, if your in that kind of grey zone between all-madden and all-pro, I'd recommend maybe just tweaking CPU running a bit better and making HUM running a bit harder. when playing against each other, sliders aren't as important.

I'd also recommend all 32 team franchise.. just set the 26 you aren't going to use to CPU for all their roster management (easier to set all to CPU when you start the franchise, then fix the 6 hum then the other way around). This way, if you want, you can tweak the 'coach options' for CPU teams.. make them less aggressive defensively, or run more or pass more etc. You can also tweak there depth charts (players coming of suspensions or whatever who are buried in the madden depth chart like calvin pace, marshawn lynch, crabtree etc. don't get fixed midseason by the cpu)

In terms of house rules, set up a veto system like fantasy football for trades.. aka don't house the CPU with its fairly lenient trade options. Also consider cap penalties when trading (the higher the players bonus, the less likely a trade).

my .02.
filtertmp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
3-4 Defense
 
roll2tide's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 222
Blog Entries: 6
Cool Re: Offline Franchise... Any tips?

  • Check the Slider Forums for sliders. I just started using DB's Stat Accurate Sliders in a franchise and I went ahead and set all the teams coaching profiles the way he suggests also.
  • I would say all trades must go through the Trade Block feature to avoid any abuse.
  • I would do a reverse snake(pick in order 1,2,3,4,5,6 and then 6,5,4,3,2,1) on Free Agents and let each guy pick up 2-4 (since there's only a few of you guys) prior to the season and then 1-2 per play week.
__________________
GT roll2tide



Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA


Twitter roll2tide
roll2tide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
3-4 Defense
 
roll2tide's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 222
Blog Entries: 6
Cool Re: Offline Franchise... Any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtertmp

I'd also recommend all 32 team franchise.. just set the 26 you aren't going to use to CPU for all their roster management (easier to set all to CPU when you start the franchise, then fix the 6 hum then the other way around). This way, if you want, you can tweak the 'coach options' for CPU teams.. make them less aggressive defensively, or run more or pass more etc. You can also tweak there depth charts (players coming of suspensions or whatever who are buried in the madden depth chart like calvin pace, marshawn lynch, crabtree etc. don't get fixed midseason by the cpu)
I 2nd this.
__________________
GT roll2tide



Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA


Twitter roll2tide
roll2tide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
Banned
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: WI
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Offline Franchise... Any tips?

Set all players to Custom difficulty 14 for all 4 settings, which is one less than Madden by counting the d-pad to move the bars.

Set the cpu skills to 25 Pass Block leave the QB Accuracy and WR catch at 50 and turn everything else in there up to 65.

Go into the penalties and move Pass Interference up slightly - otherwise you will probably never see this called, you can also increase holding and clipping but we never do. I like to hit guys out of bounds and draw late hit penalties with regularity so I often end up being the most penalized team in the NFL. I really like hitting any Eagle player late cuz I hate that team - JK

Make the game 10 min qtrs with 15 second acc clock - which means getting Probowl MLBs will be very hard due to the sim engine for the cpu, but any longer and you get too much scoring IMO!
Boregard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
Banned
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Athens, OH
Re: Offline Franchise... Any tips?

  • When you play the CPU always use 'Ask Madden'.
marktg30 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 AM.

Top -