Home

I can't decide what I'm going to do for Madden 11...

This is a discussion on I can't decide what I'm going to do for Madden 11... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden 2010
Buy it on release! 23 42.59%
Wait until they fix it with patches, then buy it! 10 18.52%
When does their NFL contract expire again? Wait until then. 21 38.89%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
I can't decide what I'm going to do for Madden 11...

I don't know if I'm going to buy it on release, play for a few weeks, get frustrated with it, then wait 4 months for the patch... or if I'm going to wait until the patch comes first, then buy the game.

I have perennially done the former and purchased the game upon release. But I'm really wondering if the months of waiting is worth it just to have a coaster with Fitzgerald and Polamalu on it.

On one hand, if you buy the game upon release, and play it, you'll have a chance to really notice the things fixed with the patch. I think perhaps you can appreciate the game more after seeing the improvements. Whereas if you buy the game after the patches are released, you don't have any of the issues that people have had for months, but you can't really have a true appreciation for the updates made, and that may make the game worse in the long run, because you've seen no improvements.

Of course there is always the third option of not buying it at all until EA can toss out a game that doesn't need 4 months worth of patching to begin with...

So the question is - buy it, wait it out, or abandon it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I can't decide what I'm going to do for Madden 11...

I'll be buying it on release. There are a number of problems with Madden 10, but at the end of the day it's still fun as hell. I'm sure 11 will be the same way, many problems but at it's core just a flat out fun game if you can look past them.

Plus, by mid-July I have full-on Football Fever, so that doesn't help.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

As much as I don't want to, I'll probably buy it on release day, because like the guy above me said, even though the game is flawed, it's still quite fun.
Minnesota Wild
Old 10-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

I think the only smart thing to do would be to play it before buying it and see if it is worth.
I can't really understand the logic of deciding your going to buy a game before it is even out. What if M11 isn't any better than 10? Why not just keep playing 10?
In any case, EA is licking their chops when they read threads like this. They are saying to themselves "we don't even have to improve the game from year to year...these guys buy anything we put out there anyways". LOL.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

You should probably rent it first and see how it is. Try it for a few days, evaluate the pros and cons, and decide if you want to spend your $60 on Madden 11 after the rental period. If you don't like it, then don't buy it, if you don't like it because of bugs, wait for the patch than buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

The game has played fine for me out of the box. I don't have Live so I don't play with any patches or roster updates...
Old 10-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21
The game has played fine for me out of the box. I don't have Live so I don't play with any patches or roster updates...
man i use to do that and it made life so much easier for madden because i didnt have to start over the franchise due to me not having the latest roster update or have to start a new franchise due to me not having the next patch but now since i am addicted to Call of duty WAW ... i have to have xbox live so i just have to buy the live stuff and then when i play madden and i find out that there is a new roster up date with a player going up to like 90 form like 78 then i just have to get the update so i kinda feel that you are lucky in a way!
Old 10-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

What's the point of this thread?

You have 10 months to decide something that pertains to none of us.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »