Home

4-3 coaching scheme?

This is a discussion on 4-3 coaching scheme? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
4-3 coaching scheme?

I use the Dolphins in franchise. They use 3-4 defense and I've always built the linebacking core towards a 3-4 set. Ive noticed though no matter how good I get my backers my defense never shows up when I sim the game or season. I browsed through the options and found the coaching scheme for the defense was set at 4-3??? I can change it to 3-4, but was wondering does it make a difference? When you sim it or play it? I've also heard a lot of gripes obout the 3-4 being broken in 10. If it does make a difference, should I keep 4-3 but build around that concept? Do play books matter when you sim? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: 4-3 coaching scheme?

If you are actually running a 3-4, then yes switch your "coaching scheme" to 3-4 otherwise your #2 MLB won't get much for stats! Not that the sim engine currently does a great job of that anyway!

The 3-4 is broken in the sense that it doesn't work the way it does in the NFL - ie the NTs, even really highly rated monsters hardly ever get double teamed, but I have really great success running the 3-4! Especially with stopping the run, which is the general philosophy behing the 3-4 "Stuff the run, make the opponent one dimensional and unleash the pass rushing LBs on the QB!" Now it can be frustrating because of the NT not being double teamed mostly because it makes it harder to get outside pressure even with a great player like D. Ware, but you just have to mix it up, switch guys around some (packages) and keep after it.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah I tweaked all the settings and just barely made it to the playoffs. Defense held up nicely stats wise, I'm guesing gave more time for my run game to effect cause those numbers are too. I know what ya mean about the NT. There are no big brutes that man handle people and require double teams and push centers back into QB's. I love my fast linebackers but the line still needs work from EA.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I like the 3-4 better because it's much better for zone pass coverage. I would prefer to have a dominant front 3 and to rush only my front 3, while dropping everyone else in coverage. I seem to get more INT's that way.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:38 AM   #5
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13

Stay with 3-4. and use Ravens D playbook and pull out the 46...46 works sweet for me, All my audible's are set to 46, so If I know its gonna be a run then I'll audible to it...I also get a lot of pressure on the QB if i blitz with 46 weak blitz or strong blitz more so than with 3-4 but If I'm in the lead and comfortable I will change back to 3-4 for coverage!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I converted to the 3-4 and it's beastly for me at least. I switched playbooks a few times to all the 3-4 teams to see what they were like and I found Miamis to be that ****. Gotta love that double punt return its a beast if you bring an extra blocker!

Plus I like that the 3-4 has 1-5-5 AND 2-4-5... That 1-5-5 COVER 2 or 3 is a beast in the red zone as long as they are about 10-15 yards out and they have to pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »