Home

WR Compete for ball

This is a discussion on WR Compete for ball within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: WR Compete for ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
there's a tough balance between giving the ability to realistically recreate what a good WR can do in the NFL, and giving the user the ability to cheese a bad WR into an elite receiver.

I agree that the WR's aggressive play towards the ball in the air should be represented in Madden, but it should be a CPU controlled animation that cannot be triggered by the user manually.
Yea, That's what I meant anyway. Because if it's a user triggered option it'll just be like playing now and having someone who knows how to do it be able to snag every pass no matter what.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Why not have WR specific animations, like how fitz jumps for the ball at its high point, make animations for his catch tendencies that happen by themselves. And if they cant do specific ones for different WRs (which I think they should for the elite recievers), then atleast add couple of high ball/ spectacular catch animations, maybe creating catch packages like dunk packages in 2k basketball games, and then have the height of the jumps limited by the players vertical.

That way there would be a huge difference between playing with miami, as none of the recievers ever make spectacular catches, and playing with arizona or NE, where you can utilize your recievers talents, not just their speed like it is right now.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #11
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the catch you guys are looking for for fades and high pass is rocket catch. the one animation cheesed all day. if the jump and catch is used together for that animation i don't think it would be cheese. a tall players like fitz, andre, moss ,calvin , roy , tj , ocho, should have advantage at jump ball , but it should have some momemtum to it. i don't think its the catch it self that is cheese its the rac . once this animation is in action you cant tackle them there has to be some type of breakup mechanism.and there should be times when the miss time the jump and jump to soon and its a less stable catch or jump to late . do they get both feet down, is the ball still moving going down. players should be folded in half catching that ball in the air
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3athb4dishonor
Yea, That's what I meant anyway. Because if it's a user triggered option it'll just be like playing now and having someone who knows how to do it be able to snag every pass no matter what.
I think that the user should be able to make a play on the ball. I remember on Madden 08 for PC (last Gen engine) it was alot of fun to be able to jump up for the ball with "inmate" Burress.

It seems that the concern is online cheesing (again us offline users being hindered in favor of the onlne crowd). I think the way around that is: you can attempt to make a play on the ball with an WR but some will do so better than others and be able to come down with the ball a higher percentage of the time.

For example Larry Fitzgerald can and will make a play and come up with the ball very often while average receivers can try but will not have the same success. But to prove that even a scrub WR can go up and make a play on the ball and come away with it from time to time to make a great play see David Tyree who never amassed more than 19 catches in a single season but made the one that really mattered in the Super Bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »