Home

Potential System Fix?

This is a discussion on Potential System Fix? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Potential System Fix?

Ok I admit that the potential system in this is ok in my last rant I realize that having a no potential system would make the user team overpowered. So the solution I have is to make the potential system based on coaching. Instead of having 4 coaches we could make having a WR LB and etc coach and base on how good they are. the player could progress or degress. Like for example Alex Smith had 4 coaches in 4 years. Could that account to why he doesnt have any confidence and Vernon Gholston sucking at LB maybe he was a DE and never was fitted to be a LB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Potential System Fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWolves
Ok I admit that the potential system in this is ok in my last rant I realize that having a no potential system would make the user team overpowered. So the solution I have is to make the potential system based on coaching. Instead of having 4 coaches we could make having a WR LB and etc coach and base on how good they are. the player could progress or degress. Like for example Alex Smith had 4 coaches in 4 years. Could that account to why he doesnt have any confidence and Vernon Gholston sucking at LB maybe he was a DE and never was fitted to be a LB
That is a good idea. However, I think that players should have potentials, but coaches provide a multiplier. For example, if I have a QB who has only a C potential and I combine him with a great QB coach then his potential bumps up to a B or something like that. And vice versa, if I have a A potential QB, who has a bad QB coach then he doesn't really reach that potential.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Potential System Fix?

I don't mind the current potential system - just hide the potential rating so we can't see it and problem solved!!!

I mean that would be the best way from a realism standpoint anyway!

I do really like the idea of coaches having a greater impact on your team and player progression, so long as the coaches then have some indicator about how they are rated for the positions.

Currently you know that Coach A has bonuses or negatives, but no indication about how good or poor he is with positions outside of those "bonuses"!

While I like the idea of more coaches too, they really have to have coaches be more fluid in their ratings - progression or something so that a good coach could become great and then leave for the money to a division rival and give me a reason to hate him!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »