Home

Franchise Freezing

This is a discussion on Franchise Freezing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise Freezing

So, I wanna like this game, and I do..but im on my 3rd disc now..obvisouly I know by now its not a disc problem, but about 8 times now my game will freeze in the middle of a game. It always seems to be when me or the cpu throw the ball and its about to hit the WR and is about to be hit.. it will freeze just before the ball gets to the WR. Anyone else having this problem? Unless its patched I dont know if I can keep playing which sucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Franchise Freezing

Had it happen yesterday.....was up 48-21 vs the Skins in the 4th quarter....I hate when it happens

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 08-19-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
Rookie

Ya, iv had a few late in the game, sucks but if its gonna be patched then whatever. Would just like some info if EA knows this is happening again in 10
Old 08-19-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Sucks too cause i just got the game yesterday new.

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 08-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Bump, trying to figure out if this is a common problem, and if anyone knows any info EA has on this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

I havent had any freezing problems and ive been playing non stop since the release last friday. I can tell you, however, that I also think it's possible that it could be the console disc player...The new xbox (I just got mine last week by the way) has a superior disc player that wont freeze on you. Before, there were three possible disc drives that could come in your xbox 360. Two of them were prone to freezes on demanding games..like GTA IV and MADDEN, for example. The third disc drive operated fine and if you buy an xbox 360 now, you'll find that there is only one possible disc drive you'll get, the good one. If you have an xbox any ollder than (I think) 6 months or so, I'd be concerned. You need to find out which disc drive you have.

A simple google search will varify my post

Savannah, GA
Old 08-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Sounds legit, should of mentioned im on ps3 though. Either way, I dont know whats going on, iv had litterally zero freezes until madden.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
Rookie

Ruddy Hell's Arena

I've had the game about a week now and it has frozen up on me about four times. I have installed it to the Xbox 360 hard drive though as I thought the disc drive wouldn't necessarily be up to the job, however the freezes occured after I installed it.

B. J. Smith (GTA Vice City)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »