Home

How do i throw a fade route/jump ball or deep ball?

This is a discussion on How do i throw a fade route/jump ball or deep ball? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How do i throw a fade route/jump ball or deep ball?

in both situations everytime i throw these routes my receiver tries to catch the ball over his shoulder facing the direction he shouldnt. for example i throw a fade route for a jump ball to my #1 receiver on the right side why does he try to catch the ball over his shoulder facing the right sideline? this gives the receiver almost no chance to catch the ball unless it gets tipped and you get lucky. any advice? has anyone been successful throwing a jump ball near the goal line?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: How do i throw a fade route/jump ball or deep ball?

Unfortunately with Madden's outdated throwing system, chucking up a jump ball in the back corner of the endzone is almost impossible.

Sorry dude, better luck next year I guess
Old 09-16-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Sadly no you cannot do this along with a plethora of things you cant do in madden, they really need to step their game up next year, blocking, pro-tak, catching, throwing are all broken aspects it is hard to keep a game playing for me.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

In their attempt to try and stunt the effectiveness of the Rocket Catch, they have limited the ability of the WR to make a play on the ball.

Good intention, but it has affected the game negatively in other areas. This being a good example.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
In their attempt to try and stunt the effectiveness of the Rocket Catch, they have limited the ability of the WR to make a play on the ball.

Good intention, but it has affected the game negatively in other areas. This being a good example.
All they had to do was not allow the user to break off the reciever's route. Instead, they do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
All they had to do was not allow the user to break off the reciever's route. Instead, they do this.
I don't think that is the answer either. I don't see anything inherently wrong with the user being able to switch control to another player. What they should have done is implement a better physics and locomotion system and that would have solved the problem completely.

If you allow players to change direction without much or any deceleration, foot plating, and regathering, then you allow things like Rocket Catches to happen.

I've said this many times. Fix the physics and locomotion systems to be closer representations of real world movements, and MANY of the glitches and cheeses that you see will correct themselves without having to take out features or hamper user control.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 19

its possible but hard because:

A) Deep Zones are broken and the DB can backpedal forever against any speed

B) passing system makes you throw it to a reciver and not to an area

what you can to against man coverage is wait until the reciever is 20 yards down field and throw a high bullet, this should get u a jump ball.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I almost never throw soft throws because the CPU reaction time is way too high and as the ball is sailing my receiver is suddenly covered by 3 guys.

The only way I do it successfully is if I float it down field and get a speedster like Hester, switch to him, then sprint past the coverage.

As for goal line floaters, so tough. Seems like the ball is ALWAYS throw out of bounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »