Home

AI Blitzing is a GAMEKILLER

This is a discussion on AI Blitzing is a GAMEKILLER within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
AI Blitzing is a GAMEKILLER

The defense simply blitzes 6+ men way too much, and it makes it way too easy to dump the ball of for a huge gain.

Once, the defense sent 9 men against me. NINE. I don't have video evidence but I looked over the replay like 100 times.

I think this should be the top priority for the next patch, otherwise it's impossible to play a realistic game of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AI Blitzing is a GAMEKILLER

Yea, imo it was overdone. I sold my madden this year because it just doesn't have the same feel to me like it once did. I am happy, however, that they took a step in the right direction, so I am excited to see what next years product has to offer. Much better than 09.

Poor imported draft classes, messed up defense, too much AI blitzing, stats out of whack, IR not workig again, etc. just did it for me. I can't wait until they start implementing things from HC.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
Rookie

GoHuskies's Arena

OVR: 1

agreeing with OP.

the blitzes are both too frequent, and too easy to exploit. the more the cpu ai blitzes, the more points i score. it's way, way too much; this is my #1 complaint about offline play .vs cpu.

you can easily drop 60+ points on a high quality cpu defense, because they blitz the whole time and you just exploit it at your leisure.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

There is no workaround for this, is there? Pretty annoying when a team like the Colts sends 7 or 8 guys just about every 3rd down.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Try playing on all madden with hardcore playcalling. Or control all 32 teams and lower their aggression on defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
Try playing on all madden with hardcore playcalling. Or control all 32 teams and lower their aggression on defense.
Or both.

Or just keep saying it doesn't work, and can't possibly work. That's more fun anyway!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
yeah i do both. use the coach settings that dfos made in the slider section. it definitely helps this out and i rarely see all out blitzes, especially on 3rd down. but this can only be done in franchise mode and you have to control all of the teams.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Jmoney is on the money. Best experience I've ever had was controlling all 32 teams and go to hardcore playcalling

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »