Home

Madden 10 Shows Strength in September

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Shows Strength in September within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #25
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 10 Shows Strength in September

I'd really like all the people who keep saying that the "technology was better in Madden 2005 (or even NFL 2k5, for that matter), to invest the $0.99 at GameStop and actually put a copy of that disc in your PS2. It's easy to look back and remember how fun those games were during high school, college, whatever, but you might be surprised at some of the visual and control options that are in the next-gen games that you simply take for granted now.

Madden 2005 did have some FEATURES that the current game doesn't have (particularly in franchise mode), but that's also a little disingenuous given that we things like online leagues, etc. now too. Plus, the graphics technology in PS2 sports games was basically maxed out by 2004/05 anyway, which meant that developers HAD to add all those bells and whistles to sell new titles. By contrast, it's much more complicated and expensive to develop on these HD consoles, and I think it's pretty clear that they're not done working on the gameplay (though Madden 10 was definately a great improvement).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #26
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
I'd really like all the people who keep saying that the "technology was better in Madden 2005 (or even NFL 2k5, for that matter), to invest the $0.99 at GameStop and actually put a copy of that disc in your PS2. It's easy to look back and remember how fun those games were during high school, college, whatever, but you might be surprised at some of the visual and control options that are in the next-gen games that you simply take for granted now.

Madden 2005 did have some FEATURES that the current game doesn't have (particularly in franchise mode), but that's also a little disingenuous given that we things like online leagues, etc. now too. Plus, the graphics technology in PS2 sports games was basically maxed out by 2004/05 anyway, which meant that developers HAD to add all those bells and whistles to sell new titles. By contrast, it's much more complicated and expensive to develop on these HD consoles, and I think it's pretty clear that they're not done working on the gameplay (though Madden 10 was definately a great improvement).
thats what I'm screaming lol.

Next-gen is just beginning and thats what makes every new sports game or game in general that much more intriguing.
People aren't buying next-gen consoles to play Madden 05 and thats a fact peps.

Last edited by dfos81; 10-27-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
thats what I'm screaming lol.

Next-gen is just beginning and thats what makes every new sports game or game in general that much more intriguing.
People aren't buying next-gen consoles to play Madden 05 and thats a fact peps.
I'm happy that you're happy about madden 10's success ; are you happy about the fact that the game was shipped, and still is broken. ?

Are you happy about the fact that stats don't compute properly in franchise mode and it's almost November ? Are you happy that franchise mode has zero additions, but has somethings that were substracted from the franchise mode ? Are you happy that the ratings with the exception of the HB and QB are meaningless ? Meaningless ratings render the franchise mode usless.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
I'm happy that you're happy about madden 10's success ; are you happy about the fact that the game was shipped, and still is broken. ?
Please identify for me on next generation what one year cycle sports video game isn't shipped broken?

Not one sports game I own on next generation goes without a patch . Madden isn't the lone ranger in this area.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #29
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
I'm happy that you're happy about madden 10's success
I quit reading your reply at this point, b/c I never said I was happy.
Just posting what Pastapadre had in his article.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #30
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Madden 10 sales in September brought 289,600 for the 360 and 246,500 for the PS3 placing it in 3rd and 6th respectively.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #31
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Please identify for me on next generation what one year cycle sports video game isn't shipped broken?

Not one sports game I own on next generation goes without a patch . Madden isn't the lone ranger in this area.
I know the Ea/Madden haters make it seem like M10 is the 1st football game that needs a patch lol.

and for the ones that are still playing 2k5 You sound like my dad thats still stuck in the early 70s get over it, its time has past.

We all know M10 can get better, that should go w/o saying but I guess for some they can't help but hate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Just because a game gets patched doesn't mean that game is broken. If the feature/area of the game is rendering a game or part of the unplayable, than it's broken; which Madden 10 clearly is.

Please identify a game that was released on a next gen platform where ratings mean very little if not nothing.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »