Home

Proposed New Control Scheme for Fight for the Fumble.

This is a discussion on Proposed New Control Scheme for Fight for the Fumble. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #9
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
re: Proposed New Control Scheme for Fight for the Fumble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Yes, exactly.

You still see the fight for fumble animation, but the outcome is not dependent on you button mashing. You just watch untill the cut scene plays out.

Honestly, I liked the idea of fight for the fumble... But I would always loose! I would button mash my little heart out, yet the CPU would get the ball more often than I.

So I turned it off, and now it seems 50/50, which is fine with me.

Once the cut scene starts, I take a sip of beer or soda or whatever and wait to find out the results.
That is awesome, thanks a bunch man!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

turned it off. Not interested in a button mashing mini-game that breaks out in the middle of a football game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
Strategy

OVR: 36

This was quickly handled in August. Almost everyone has turned this function.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #12
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i hate it...even when the momentum is going your way you still lose the fumble...purely stupid.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

1 post regarding the idea of the new controls for the Fight for the Fumble
9 posts regarding whether users like or dislike FftF in general and how it can be turned it off

*sigh*

If you don't like Fight for the Fumble then no need to respond, that's really off topic for this thread/discussion. Looking for feedback on the control scheme for it. Did anyone other than exonerated read description of the control scheme I provided in the first post and have any thoughts on whether it's good or bad? Or even ideas for how to improve it if you think the example I provided isn't better than what's already in the game.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Turned it off for games vs the computer. There isn't really a point when the computer is "button mashing" long before I'm capable of even seeing the display.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
1 post regarding the idea of the new controls for the Fight for the Fumble
9 posts regarding whether users like or dislike FftF in general and how it can be turned it off

*sigh*

If you don't like Fight for the Fumble then no need to respond, that's really off topic for this thread/discussion. Looking for feedback on the control scheme for it. Did anyone other than exonerated read description of the control scheme I provided in the first post and have any thoughts on whether it's good or bad? Or even ideas for how to improve it if you think the example I provided isn't better than what's already in the game.
you want feedback on the control scheme for the fight for the fumble. are you serious. 90% of the people who play madden 10 dont even the fftf. giving you a feedback on the control scheme is just like telling your girl friend that i dont like you, but i will try to marry you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Seeing quite a few fight for the fumbles. Not sure if it's my tv settings, or the randomness of the camera, but usually it's a close up view that's above the pile, so you can't really see what's going on. Are others experiencing this camera view?

Also, hitting the buttons (A, B, X, or Y) just doesn't seem to fit the frantic action that's going on as the guys scramble / fight for the ball.

I was thinking of another EA game (Godfather I & II) that utilizes what has to be one of the best controller mechanics ever in a game. When you are choking someone, you pull both triggers and click down on the right / left analog sticks. It really feels like you are choking someone. With that in mind, I was thinking of what's going on at the bottom of the pile. Basically guys are trying obtain and/or secure the ball.

I held the controller in my hands, and thought about it what it must be like at the bottom of the pile, basically trying to move everyone out of the way, this seemed to translate in frantic movements with the Right / Left Analog stick. Then once I had the ball, I would clamp down on it, perhaps by clicking the Right/Left Trigger, or even the Right/Left Trigger + Right/Left Analog stick.

So basically as the Fight for the fumble is triggered, you are told to move your analog sticks up down, left or right. At the center of the screen is the football with a color bar to the right/left of it. The color closest to the ball is green, then yellow, then red. Based on your proximity to the ball, the bar will start out at one of the colors. As you move the analog sticks the bar will either get greener and closer to the football, or further away and turn red. Once it gets down to the football, you have a limited time to secure the ball by clicking a combination of the LT/RT & Left/Right Analog sticks indicating that you have control of the ball and have effectively secured it.
I remember when Ian asked all of us what the best way to institute a fight for the fumble and the best way at the time was through button mashing.

The reason it was is because nobody could come up with a better alternative like yours. I like your idea A LOT more than the button mashing!

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »